Bottle conditioning in champagne bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obliviousbrew

Reaction score
I have my first two all grain batches resting un bottles almost for two weeks (an imperial IPA of 7.7Abv and a belgian dubbel of 6.6) I know that the small bottles still need at least two more weeks to be ready. But I also use some 75cl champagne bottles... So here is my question: How long do you think these bottles will need to be ready? After reading some threads I think around 6 weeks. I also know that every case is different but anyway what do you guys/girls think about this?

It's my experience that they're ready at the same time or sooner. So if you want to pop one after you know the others are ready to go then you'll be fine with the champagne bottles as well. I bottle in champagne bottles a lot.

Thank you very much. I will try that! Only a couple of weeks to go. I really want to try them. Patience is the worst part of brewing at least when you not have any other homebrew around

Back