bottle carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pohldogg

Reaction score
Poking for some thoughts on this. I have a saison going with 3711. When I bottle I'll put most in 12 oz bottles and will shoot for around 3 vols. The rest will go into 750s and I'd like to take it to 4+ vols. For those bottles I'd like to add the sugar directly to the bottle. I'm thinking I could measure out a dose if syrup it use carb tabs. Or, since they'll have starsan left in the bottom would I be safe putting dry sugar right in?

I know that with almost 10% abv and the low fg from 3711 the infection risk is low but I'd still like to take some precaution. Anyone else try different priming for different bottles?

I haven't tried that. I'm bottling a belgian dark strong and I'm going to carb everything high...it'll be mostly 750ml belgians with corks, but I'm going to use regular bottles too (I'll try to find the heaviest glass 12oz bottles I have). I plan to quarantine them in a watertight tote box in case of burst.

In your case, I'd probably opt for carb tabs. I think it's usually like 3-5 tabs for full priming, so you can probably fine tune it. Like carb to 3 vols, and then add 1-2 tabs to each of the other bottles.

Latest posts

Back