Boring wine - how to make it drinkable?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobWalker

Reaction score
I've made a recipe using Fruit Cocktail and Tinned Strawberries, but it really doesn't taste of much. It's fermented out dry as hell so it's quite strong, but I'm wanting to find a home for it as soon as possible.

It's got a very lightly fruity taste, so what would be the best way to intensify the flavour? Mix it with juice? I've let it age for about 8 months and it still tastes rubbish!

Rough recipe;

1 Tin Strawberries in Syrup
1 Tin Fruit Cocktail in Syrup
Montratchet Yeast
about 500g Glucose

diet coke? I made a zucchini wine that even when mixed still was undrinkable. When someone wanted to try it I made them do it by the kitchen sink haha I wish you luck

Start by stabilizing it if you haven't done so already. Then you've got options, use any or all of these. There's an art to this, just go by what you think tastes good.

1. Wine Conditioner- will help stabilize and sweeten the wine.
2. Acid blend- Here's a hint. Add a squeeze of lemon to a glass of this wine. If it tastes better, add acid blend.
3. Flavor bases- most homebrew supply shops will sell a flavoring that will taste like any fruits to add to wine and beer. Some people say it will make your wine taste synthetic. However, it beats dumping it down the drain.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back