Book Recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbomij

Reaction score
I consider myself an intermediate brewer. I am BIAB brewer, but I understand more complicated methods of brewing.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for books that would bring a beginning brewer to a higher level intermediate brewer, or that would bring an intermediate brewer to a lower class high level brewer? I figured I'd ask on here before I blindly go by Amazon recommendations.

I have a book store gift card that's burning a hole in my pocket for some brewing books.

I have the Briggs' Malting and Brewing Science, and many others. I used to own both deClerck's and Kunze. But I've all but forgotten everything from both, just a thing I struggle with as much as it pisses me off. How relevant is DeClerck, guys, to scientific understandings and/or practical brewing, in today's world?

I'm a beginner and jumped right into all grain brewing with a buddy. Our beer has all turned out well. I found these books very helpful: How To Brew by John Palmer, Mastering Homebrew by Randy Mosher, Modern Homebrew Recipes by Gordon Strong, Brew Better Beer by Emma Christensen, Brewing Classic Styles by Zainasheff & Palmer. I also subscribed to Brew Your Own Magazine (BYO) and I am considering Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine.

Mostly though, I find that the people on HomeBrewTalk Forum to be the best. Where else could you find so many home brewers willing to answer your questions in experienced and thoughtful ways.

Latest posts

Back