boneyard Brew Off - 20th annual

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemy

Reaction score
Does anyone know the results of the Boneyard Brew Off?

It was held Saturday January 18th 2014

thanks

I had a few entered there as well. They had the following posted in the "rules" section, so, I am not holding my breath for anything before the end of the week, or next weekend:

"So when should you expect to see results? Come judge or steward, and you can see results immediately! For those others, how does five to seven additional days sound? We're a very small club whose active members all have jobs, families, and other demands on our time. We've just spent months preparing for and hosting a competition. We want to make sure we get it right-- we owe that to the entrants. So take a deep breath, walk the dog, read a book, brew another beer. As Charlie Papazian would say, Relax! Results will be posted and scoresheets sent out."

I totally respect their stance, and, of course, we can all wait, but it's so easy to have someone tweet or facebook a picture of the final tally. It doesn't have to be pretty.

I had a few entered there as well. They had the following posted in the "rules" section, so, I am not holding my breath for anything before the end of the week, or next weekend:

yeah - I agree. Kind of get used to a lot of the comps posting results live on facebook and having the results up within minutes or hours of the awards....... it gets to be that a few days seems like an eternity:) I have had a few comps though where it took 3-4-5 weeks to find out results. So, could be worse. Looks like last year they posted them in the "forum" on their website under a subforum specifically for the competition.

Great, My Duesseldorf altbier got a 3rd

Nice job on your alt. I love that style of beer....... used to brew it a lot, but have gotten away from it in the last year or two as I have tackled some other styles. It is a style that was always sort of hit and miss for me - brewed some great ones that I loved, but also some that just did not come out as I hoped. I need to brew one up again.

I've never made one, and this one was not supposed to be an alt, instead it was supposed to be a cal common, but my misuse/mislabeling/misunderstanding of pale chocolate malt made it brown :)

So I'm there with you on the hit and miss :)

Back