Bonding with your equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadWolfBrewing

Reaction score
I received my three stout tanks vessels the other day (first time somebody delivered a pallet to me), but I've been putting off the recommended cleaning and passivating, due to lack of a large sink. But yesterday, it dawned on me a great way to get all 3 tanks cleaned inside and out without making a mess.

First, I turned down the lights a little. Next, I poured a little red wine for me and the tanks. Then I put on my Lionel Richie mixed tape, and let the mood develop. Finally, I took my tanks and hopped in the shower with 'em.

I have a tiny condo (no hose outside), but was blessed with a large walk-in shower, so this made a lot of sense. Plus, showering alone is no fun.

So there I am in the shower with my new brewery. I enacted a 'no peeing' rule, which the MLT with the bottom drain broke constantly. Washed them inside and outside with unscented dish soap and rinsed them off playfully. Then proceeded to passivate with BKF, passivating much of my lower half in the process (i hope that isn't bad for you).

Got everybody rinsed off again, and toweled them down gently with the good guest towels.

Then, we had a cigarette and watched the sunset.

I got my kettles clean and shiny, and I think we all got a little closer in the process.

So who wants to come over and try the first beer from the new brewery? I swear, I rinsed the kettles REALLY well...

I just hope SWMBO doesn't read this forum (i'd be surprised if she did). She wouldn't drink my beer OR use the shower ever again.

Some people are such prudes.

haha This reminds me of when Kramer on Seinfeld put a garbage disposal in his shower and made everyone dinner. haha

I received my three stout tanks vessels the other day (first time somebody delivered a pallet to me), but I've been putting off the recommended cleaning and passivating, due to lack of a large sink. But yesterday, it dawned on me a great way to get all 3 tanks cleaned inside and out without making a mess.

First, I turned down the lights a little. Next, I poured a little red wine for me and the tanks. Then I put on my Lionel Richie mixed tape, and let the mood develop. Finally, I took my tanks and hopped in the shower with 'em.

I have a tiny condo (no hose outside), but was blessed with a large walk-in shower, so this made a lot of sense. Plus, showering alone is no fun.

So there I am in the shower with my new brewery. I enacted a 'no peeing' rule, which the MLT with the bottom drain broke constantly. Washed them inside and outside with unscented dish soap and rinsed them off playfully. Then proceeded to passivate with BKF, passivating much of my lower half in the process (i hope that isn't bad for you).

Got everybody rinsed off again, and toweled them down gently with the good guest towels.

Then, we had a cigarette and watched the sunset.

I got my kettles clean and shiny, and I think we all got a little closer in the process.

So who wants to come over and try the first beer from the new brewery? I swear, I rinsed the kettles REALLY well...

Now that is my kind of party :D

You must be one of those orgy guys.

To quote Seinfeld:
'Don't you know what it means to become an orgy guy? It changes everything. I'd have to dress different. I'd have to act different. I'd have to grow a moustache and get all kinds of robes and lotions and I'd need a new bedspread and new curtains I'd have to get thick carpeting and weirdo lighting. I'd have to get new friends. I'd have to get orgy friends. ... Naw, I'm not ready for it.'

You must be one of those orgy guys.

To quote Seinfeld:
'You don't you know what it means to become an orgy guy? It changes everything. I'd have to dress different. I'd have to act different. I'd have to grow a moustache and get all kinds of robes and lotions and I'd need a new bedspread and new curtains I'd have to get thick carpeting and weirdo lighting. I'd have to get new friends. I'd have to get orgy friends. ... Naw, I'm not ready for it.'

Hahahaha this made my day!

thumbs_up.gif

I wondered what it took to get to the next phase of this hobby. I just have a platonic relationship with my equipment. Who knew?

you can make very good beer being just friends with your equipment

don't let anybody tell you any different

I'm jealous - that you got your kettles not the shower scene - as mine won't be here for probably another 8 weeks. Glad you are "bonding".

Back