Blichmann Cornical Fermenter - Full System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IloveWorts

Reaction score
Has anyone used this? If so how did you control Fermentation temps? trying to find a fridge to put these in but they are all huge. Any ideas?

I have lots of Blichmann stuff and they usually make great stuff but I think they missed the mark on this product.

It seems like you couldn’t escape oxidation risks with the system. You need to dump trub then flip it over and replace the cone with the keg top. So you will still have some residual trub in the keg and you will have to open the unit and expose your beer to air.

If you have the budget for this you should look at a conical fermentor or a brew bucket and few used kegs.

As to the ferm chamber build one out of an old freezer and an inexpensive inkbird controller. 65 -100 bucks used.

Sorry to dig up an old post. I own two full system Cornicals and I am ready to buy another. I also picked up some extra kegs last year which allows me to keep everything in a rotation between fermenting and serving. I've been using them for a couple of years now and I love them. I have a small basement brewery in a room with 2 concrete walls and the temp stays between 64-70 degrees year-round. I just ferment my ales at room temp and I use a spunding valve to ferment my lagers under pressure. The lagers come out crisp and clean fermenting at ale temps with one of these.

Back