Blichmann BoilCoil 120v in 8 gallon kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quaboagbrewing

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the 120v 2000w Blichmann BoilCoil in an 8 gallon kettle? I am thinking about using one for doing 3 gallon BIAB. Wondering how the 120v would handle a boil volume of 4.5 gallons. I'm sure it would be fine to get me to mashing temps. I would prefer to go with the 240v but gonna be a bit before I can get the electrical done in the garage. I already have a 120 20amp GFCI outlet in the basement so figured the 120v 2000w BoilCoil may be a good option. I understand not the cheapest way to go but don't feel comfortable doing the wiring myself so the BoilCoil seems to be a pretty sweet option.

I have them in my 10 gal mega pots. Works just fine. If you want a more vigorous boil place a lid partial to completely on the top. I get a nice rolling boil with no lid at all though. I usually boil around 6-7 gallons with no prob.

Back