Blending beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retiredarmybrewer

Reaction score
I have a real quick question on blending beers. I have a coconut wheat ale and a pineapple wheat ale that I would like to blend. The only issue I can see is that these beers are already bottled and carbonated. Is there anyway that I can somehow take the two beers and blend them even though they have been carbonated and re-bottle them after blending them? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah you can blend them but it may be a royal pain.

You would need to open the bottles and combine them in a bucket at the ratio you wish.

Of course your going to loose carbonation during this process. You could re bottle as is, and hop you have not lost too much. or re-add some priming sugar and hope it re-carbs nicely and does not bottle bomb.

Ideally if you have Corny Kegs, you could mix into them and then re-carb that way.

Or do it the old fashioned way.... crack two beers at a time and mix in a Pint Glass!!!

You could.. but it's really not worth the danger of oxidizing while pouring back into the bucket and danger of under or over priming a partially carbonated beer (after you pour it out), and the effort of re-priming and re-bottling.

Better to mix in the glass before you drink it and call it a day. If you are set on submitting this blend to a competition, try re-brewing with a combination of the ingredients.

I agree with fancypants. The juice aint worth the squeeze on this one. Best to mix as you drink it and blend the batches next time when you package the beer.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. I only have a half a case of each so I'll just sit outside by the pool and mix them and drink them as is. In the future when I brew these again, I'll go ahead and create three separate beers by blending at that point. Thanks for the info.

Back