Blackwater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno. it's managed 5 pages without anyone putting on their flamethrower and light up the thread. Might actually die a natural death.

I'm still wondering why the Hague or Geneva conventions are even being mentioned at all in this discussion--they have nothing to do with the current "war"--as technically we are not currently in a war where they would apply anyway.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or asking an earnest question so I'll treat it like a question.

A) if you read the thread, the conventions came up because of a specific reference someone made.

B) I don't know that your assessment of the situation is in agreement with the conventions. It is my understanding that the Conventions cover warfare, not merely declared conflicts.

I am only familiar with Blackwater because my buddy from New Orleans told me the only reason his house did not get looted was because Blackwater was patrolling his neighborhood with *extreme prejudice* to would be looters. I thought he was full of sh*t until stories starting surfacing about some Mogudishi style shootout the Blackwater ops had from an overpass with ninth ward residents. If you google Blackwater and Katrina some very interesting stuff comes up....

Latest posts

Back