Black Friday Sales

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
Does anyone have the inside scoop to any Black Friday sales going on by Morebeer, Austin Homebrew Supply, Keg Connection, Brewmaster's Warehosue, or Midwest supplies?

Or any others?

While not EXACTLY a HBT vendor OR a "Black Friday deal"... I saw that my local True Value Hardware has a 12 gallon wet/dry shop vac for $39.99 (While supplies last until Nov. 20th). It is also in their flier. IMO for the price it seems like a great deal.

While this may not seem important at 1st, it is a great way to empty/clean a mash tun with very little effort. I got the idea from from Bobby M. :)

While not EXACTLY a HBT vendor OR a "Black Friday deal"... I saw that my local True Value Hardware has a 12 gallon wet/dry shop vac for $39.99 (While supplies last until Nov. 20th). It is also in their flier. IMO for the price it seems like a great deal.

While this may not seem important at 1st, it is a great way to empty/clean a mash tun with very little effort. I got the idea from from Bobby M. :)

... but then what do you do with the wet mash that's inside the shopvac? You can't leave it in there or you're going to have an absolutely disgusting mess to clean out in the future. And, if you dump the spent grain out the shop vac after every brew session... where's the benefit?

EDIT: I suppose if you're using a keggle as a mash tun, it would be easier to clean out a shop vac than to wrestle with a big keggle, but it still seems like an extra step.

Exactly - pointless to use a shop vac. Better off using a grain bag, pull that out and dump the grains, let the bag dry - shake it out and wash it.

I used the vac once, failed to fully clean it and wound up with Maggots.

What I need to set up is a rolling trash can with a shopvac head (they make adapters... I think)

Then again, it'd only work for those of us who don't have to use the can provided by the waste management company.

Depot sells a "Bucket Head", which attaches directly to a Homer bucket.

1b9cf89c-8bb8-4037-81ab-0711de0f0aa0_300.jpg

It's cheap ($20). I've never bought one because I've got a regular Shop Vac, but if that had enought oomph it might be useful for cleaning out a mash tun. I doubt it's powerful enough, though - wet mash is pretty dense. I'd still be worried about wet mash getting in the nooks and cranies and turning rancid, and you'd still have to clean out the mash tun (something like this would just get the bulk of it, you'd still have to clean out the remaining grain and get the residual wort out of there).

I have an order ready to place with Austin Homebrew Supply. They have everything I need and since I can get it all from one place I can save on shipping, but if they are going to be offering free shipping or a PROMO code to order on that day, then I am holding out.

FWIW building a Randall, and they have all of the fittings I require.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have the bucket/ shop vac MOSTLY clean, and allow airflow, it'll dry out before it gets nasty.

Exactly - pointless to use a shop vac. Better off using a grain bag, pull that out and dump the grains, let the bag dry - shake it out and wash it.

I used the vac once, failed to fully clean it and wound up with Maggots.

Put a bag in the shop vac then tie it off when you're done. :ban:

Schnitzengiggle said:
Does anyone have the inside scoop to any Black Friday sales going on by Morebeer, Austin Homebrew Supply, Keg Connection, Brewmaster's Warehosue, or Midwest supplies?

Or any others?

I'd tell you about northern Brewer's ridiculous black Friday deals, but you didn't call them out by name sooooo....

Hehe... I wish I knew something no one else did, but I'm thinking we spend our money on the other 364 days, there won't be many deals to be had.

I am looking to get a full dual tap kegorator system. Anyone have a good BF sale lead, let me know. Even have the Mrs on board with the idea. God only knows what she is going to want.

I'm going to place my AHS order regardless of whether they have a Black Friday promotion, but I figure there is no drawback to waiting a couple of weeks for a possible better deal, of course, other than being without the necessities for a project and a new brewery gadget.

Back