BK adjustable hieght pick up tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-Malone

Reaction score
I have been trying to work this out in my head. I have had this idea for a while and wondered if anyone on here had ever actually done it. I was thinking about creating an adjustable pick up tube in my BK. I have a standard keggle BK. Instead of the standard pickup tube that everyone puts as low as possible i the BK, I was thinking about if it was possible to create one that came over the top of the keggle, and had a way to be adjustable so that I could turn it slightly if I saw that it was picking up a little too much of the trub at the end of the boil, or adjust the height so that on beers that had minimal hop matter and break material I could lower it and make sure to get all the wort possible. I got he idea while looking at a Sabco style system and the SS tube that goes from the MT to the BK for the transfer there. I was trying to think if it was possible to mount it outside the keggle and still be able to pump from it and all that.

Now I am not an engineering mind, but i know that the community here has several really creative engineering minds and i hoped that they might be able to think of the possibility, the possible down sides and the inherent problems I might encounter.

thanks in advance

JM

I do this with my pickup. I have a weldless bulkhead fitting and a 90 on the inside with a short piece of pipe on it. with it turned straight down i pick up right off the top of the curved bottom of the keggle, I can turn it anywhere up to straight up and leave 1.5 - .5 gallons behind.

Latest posts

Back