Bill Maher's comedy special

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God Emporer BillyBrew

Reaction score
I'm not trying to start a political debate, but I'd wager that most Republicans won't or don't enjoy his humor. Anyway, have you guys seen his latest stand up on HBO? It's great! It's not only funny, but he takes a common sense approach to a lot of things going on in the country. And he's not a total bleeding heart liberal. His views on airport screening prove that.

He's p!ssed me off about his views on hunting and guns before, so I know he's probably offended some of you also. I'm definitely not trying to turn this into a political debate, I'm just saying if you're moderate or liberal, you should watch this special. It's hilarious!

Yeah, I watch real time on a regular basis, but I haven't seen the HBO show you're referring to. Have to check it out. It amazes me that he can hold his own (hell he does much more than that) with highly educated politicians, etc. He knows his S#@!

Toke another joint Bill...and sniff another line... Total jackass? I love watching him as he makes a arse out of himself. I just don't take him serious. His funny quips in response to "intelligent" people are simply his comedian side.

back on tonight at 11pm EST! Can't wait. He's got a lot of catching up to do, after, what, 3 months?

I've never really though Bill Maher was all that amusing (and I probably agree with most of his political views). Dennis Miller's far, far, far too much in love with himself.

Outside of the Jon Stewart/Stephen Central crew, there really aren't too many politican comedians I find all that amusing.

I'm a staunch conservative/right wing conspiratist, but I whole heartedly enjoy Bill's commentary and never laugh harder than watching Stewart make fun of Bush on the Daily Show.

Some people are just funny. The easiest way to be funny is to make light of what most people take very seriously.....religion, politics, fast food....

I try not to take myself too seriously, and I realize that at the end of the day my fervor against big government and entitlements doesn't override my desire to make fun of it all.

Practically speaking, I'm probably more of a Libertarian (I think pot should be legal, I think we should slash gov't spending, taxes and pull out of all foreign alignments), so overall I actually tend to nod my head in agreement with Bill Maher. There are somethings, though, that he has no clue about.

Forgot that on Bill Maher's show there are no commercials. Gotta love that!:D

Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
Best comdien of the political kind has got to be Lewis Black.

Beat me to it Denny! :rockin: Most hear him scream and do the totally pi$$ed-off schtick, but man, he slays me with some basic common sense. I find myself getting more conservative as I get older, but I'm not one of the sheep voting the party line. My line of thinking is, whatever party you are, show me what you can do for me, but God help you if you fail me 'cause if you do I'm voting yer sorry a$$ right out.

Which is why my favorite pirate of all time had the best quote of all time...

"Never trust a woman or a government..."
-Yellowbeard

Ize

Dude said:
Ehhhh....I think he is definitely a bleeding heart liberal. Anyone who likes Ann Coulter is a true ****stick.

Ann Coulter brews her own version of Dog Fish's Golden Shower:D

That's pretty hot in my book. :cross:

Back