Biggest Blunder Turned Genius

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primetime

Reaction score
OK I want to here about some of the lame brain things that people have done that you thought at the time....WTC did I just do!!! But after time and other factors, it turned into OMG this is awsome!!! There has to be some great stories out there, and stuff we can all learn from.

My experience is......

I was brewing 2 batches at a time, 1 outside (vanilla stout) .....1 inside ginger beer....by Charles P

So I brew extract, everything was going fine during the brewday. Both beers looked and smelled like they were supposed to. The problems comes in when I'm transfering them to secondaries.....I added 3 vanilla beans that I brought back with me from Mexico from a recent trip, into the carboy. Then I start to drain the Stout on top of it. I walk away for a second and do something else, and when I come back I see peices of ginger floating around in the primary. I had labled the beers wrong. So now I have a ginger vinilla beer.....I'm thinking to myself gross......Well I bottled it last night, added 4 oz of lactose and primming sugar and it taste great. Can't wait for this to be ready, it taste just like a Boston Cooler. I think I might have stumbled onto something great. I'll update you guys when I crack my 1st one.

Til then can't wait to here your stories.....

Back