Bichmann vs Sabco

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanibel14

Reaction score
So for the last year or so I've been turning a spare bedroom in the back of the house into somewhat of a man-cave. I'm fairly new to home brewing, starting about a year and a half ago and just finishing my 3rd all-grain batch last month. I'm addicted now. I've gotten the OK from the old lady to upgrade my current brewing system, (composed now of a cooler, boil pot, plastic buckets, and chest fridge) and have a few bucks to spend. The thing is, I want to be smart about my purchase and get something that is of quality but is also easily upgradable in terms of volume produced. I've narrowed my search down to a Sabco Brew-Magic system and a Blichmann Brewing Sculpture with all the bells and whistles.

Now, I've talked to somebody that has brewed (but doesn't own) a brew-magic and have gotten fixed feedback. He told me it makes great beer but is a pain to clean and carmalization can be an issue because of the burner placement. I have to admit it does look sexy and I like how its compact and built to last. Have any of you brewed on this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. It's an expensive unit.

Blichmann also has quality equipment. In the newest issue of Northern Brewer there is and all grain hi fi set up that looks really cool. The Blichmann seems more easily upgradable. It looks as though they use tri clamp fittings as well. Any of use their brew sculptures? what do you think?

Anyways, I just wanted to get some information from maybe some of you experienced guys that are familiar with these brands or have used either or both of these systems. I've researched the heck out of them and have even gotten an estimate from Sabco on a complete set brew-magic set up with Chill wizard, fermentor, extra corny kegs. just don't want to spend a ton of money and figure out in a year I made a mistake.

Back