BIAB rig burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tojo

Reaction score
Time to chime in....

I'd like to build a rig and was wondering which type of burner to go with.....banjo (which model) or jet burner (23 tip maybe). I'm looking to brew anywhere from 5 to 15 gallon batches.

5 to 15 gallons… That’s good; you are thinking about the future. I say, “buy once, buy the best, and no need to buy again”… well, until you upgrade.

From my experience, btu’s matter to an extent. Read here. There are a lot of other factors to consider; for instance: what size kettle, aluminum or stainless, what outdoor temps are you battling, and what size batches are you going to do? Also: is $$ a consideration? Don’t forget about propane fills; the bigger the burner, the more propane you’ll go through, and if you don’t have good efficiency with that propane then $$ goes out the door (into the environment…no need to heat Vegas during the summer)

80 qt ss kettle. I don't have it yet but believe it is about 22-24 inches in diameter. Brews will be mostly done in my garage in 45-80 degree weather, depending on season.

Back