BIAB Choc Orange Porter/Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mildeng

Reaction score
Hi all, looking for anyone who’s had success with one of these biab. Hoping to brew something up this week and let it sit until Christmas (or bottle ferment). Open to all ideas, just looking for some advice!

Oooh, my one and only Christmas Candy request. I’d never considered that. I do like to go as natural as I can with ingredients, but for the flavor you’re shopping for, this one sounds extract driven.

I know with my blood orange purée beers, the orange blends in and is over powered with hops. Might could try both purée and extract?

A local brewery in Santa Barbara (Third Window Brewing), does a Chocolate-Orange Stout call Walkabout that's sinfully delicious. It's made with chocolate from a local chocolatier, locally sourced oranges, and fine Ugandan vanilla.
If I were to try to replicate it I think I'd use orange extract though. Apex is my go-to for extracts. They're top notch.

https://www.apexflavors.com/Beverag...r-cider-wine-spirits-alcoholic-beverages~2844

Back