eastcoastbrewparts.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgross

Reaction score
So I found this company on eBay. 0 negative feedback, listed as a power seller. All looked well. Here was the item listing - swivel nuts and barbs - good price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291745976640
And the place where he ships from is only a couple hours away. I bought qty 5.
I didn't catch it until my payment confirmation that he didn't reduce the shipping for multiple qty. He charged $13 for shipping in a 4x6 padded envelope weighing 6oz, regular first class postage of 1.98 (i took it to the post office and had it metered). I contacted him and asked, very politely, for a refund of $10, allowing $3.02 as a more than reasonable handling charge. He told me to take a hike, and in a much less polite way, and even admitted to gouging on shipping, falsifying the listing to appear cheaper, and including his eBay fees as part of the shipping cost - all of which are direct seller violations. He even claimed, multiple times, that it was my fault for the fraud, and accused me of being cheap since it was only 11.02 over.
I don't expect eBay to do anything as they collect fees on all transactions.

Now my research:
The company called TOMMYS SUPPLY HOUSE LLC - appears to be an import biz. This company is the registrant for his store front.
His website
eastcoastbrewparts.com
was listed on the business card he sent me with the package, and registered feb. 2016.
The eBay listing has a site Marylandbrew.com which is inactive, broken, and otherwise offline. all of this and more obtained via http://www.whois.com/whois/eastcoastbrewparts.com

Does anyone have any other experience from this merchant?
And lastly:

WARNING: http://www.eastcoastbrewing.com FRADULENTLY overcharges shipping and handling. He has some other stuff on eBay and his storefront that appear suspiciously low priced. BEWARE doing business with eastcoastbrewparts.com, Marylandbrew.com, or tommyssupplyhouse.com

I'm happy to post my emails to/from in any future discussion here.

Make sure to talk to eBay, I think they started cracking down on obscene shipping costs.

There wasnt any option related to overcharging under "report a seller". Maybe some other ebay expert out there with better googlefu can chime in on how to do that. I was on hold for 20 min. Calling before i gave up.

I ordered A carb Cap from him on Ebay. Yes he charged $2.50 to ship a small item that was put in a small padded envelope, but the overall price was not bad, and I did see the shipping charge before I ordered
I agree with you that he should have combined the shipping on multiple items shipped to the same place.
I did have a problem with my cap as the retaining ring that holds the PoppIt in place broke off, but he shipped me a new one and told me to keep the old one as it was not worth it to ship back.
I guess I was lucky or is the quality Just cheap and that is why the price was so low ? ???

Back