Better information on kegging!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfish

Art by David Shrigley
Reaction score
There should be some more info in this Bottling/ Kegging section. How about stickies for seperate topics:
-where to buy used kegs; including good and bad reviews of places and prices
-what you need to start kegging; shopping lists for the aspiring kegger from basic keg and picnic tap to Beer Pastoresque Draft Monolith
-seemingly stupid questions about kegging; all of the basics like "what is the difference between flare and barb fittings?" (it too me several days to figure it out)
Some of this could be wiki info and some sticky, I don't know enough to write it, though.

Catfish said:
There should be some more info in this Bottling/ Kegging section. How about stickies for seperate topics:
-where to buy used kegs; including good and bad reviews of places and prices
-what you need to start kegging; shopping lists for the aspiring kegger from basic keg and picnic tap to Beer Pastoresque Draft Monolith
-seemingly stupid questions about kegging; all of the basics like "what is the difference between flare and barb fittings?" (it too me several days to figure it out)
Some of this could be wiki info and some sticky, I don't know enough to write it, though.

I completely agree; I just bought some equipment, but honestly it was a b*tch trying to gather the information I needed - even the most basic questions were tough to find answers to. The FAQ is rather weak and almost useless as it is right now.

When I have time during this exam I'll definitely get the ball rolling on an organized thread.

orfy said:
Well do some research and fill it. ;)

Okay here you go. I've started the basic wiki (it ain't purdy) my kid's asleep and the wife is out, but I don't know how much work I can get done. And I am NOT an IT person so the formatting and such will probably need your help. Iffen you want to check it out:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Start_kegging

I've been trying to scrounge up information as well. I just got 2 cornelius kegs for free.

I really need information on the actual system. Like diagrams or good pictures of the whole setup.

I could just buy a kit for $125 that has everything I need, but I'd rather build something myself. I have a feeling that it can be done for much cheaper, considering I work at Lowe's.

A wiki would be f'ing amazing.

Back