Best way to add flavor to a cranberry wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damnsaltyham

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just racked my cranberry wine to a secondary and tasted a bit, lots of alcohol taste and not so much cranberry. I know I can back sweeten later but what is the best thing to add for a nice taste of cranberry? And do I add this right before bottling after stabilizing? Thanks!

What was your recipe? If you used juice most of the flavor probably fermented out, I don't know how to get more flavor into it now, maybe if you can find some cranberry extract? (Not sure anyone actually makes that).

I made some cranberry wine several years ago with 3 lbs of fresh cranberries and 1 lb of golden raisins. Turned out very good, now that I have a little more experience I should try it again to see if I can recreate it.

Thanks for the input! I used pure juice and like a noob I added acid blend. So the ph was around 2.47. I wanted to salvage it though, the juice was $6 a quart and I made a gallon, so I added water and blended until ph came down. Lesson learned. Thanks a lot for info guy!

damnsaltyham said:
I just racked my cranberry wine to a secondary and tasted a bit, lots of alcohol taste and not so much cranberry. I know I can back sweeten later but what is the best thing to add for a nice taste of cranberry? And do I add this right before bottling after stabilizing? Thanks!

I made a couple batches of strawberry. No fruit flavor at all after fermentation.

It took 1 year of aging until the fruit flavor came back.

After you bottle , set it aside and forget about it for a few months. You'll be amazed how much it will change.

Back