Best/strangest munchie w beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's nothing I crave more on one of those nights where my band gigs and we get free beer than "Nicole's Special" than going to a place called "Valbo's" in Germantown, IL.

Cut a biscuit in half and drop it on a plate. Put fresh hashbrowns on top, followed by an egg. Throw shredded cheese on it. Slather it in a mass amount of sausage breakfast gravy, and serve to drunks. Nothing beats it.

there's nothing i crave more on one of those nights where my band gigs and we get free beer than "nicole's special" than going to a place called "valbo's" in germantown, il.

Cut a biscuit in half and drop it on a plate. Put fresh hashbrowns on top, followed by an egg. Throw shredded cheese on it. Slather it in a mass amount of sausage breakfast gravy, and serve to drunks. Nothing beats it.

want!

As a pure snack food to go along, I have found shortbread cookies to be amazing with most ales...but best with a wheat beer. Have not tried with an IPA, but I don't see it being a good pair, though maybe the buttery flavor would enhance the hops? Have to give it a whirl...

As a pure snack food to go along, I have found shortbread cookies to be amazing with most ales...but best with a wheat beer. Have not tried with an IPA, but I don't see it being a good pair, though maybe the buttery flavor would enhance the hops? Have to give it a whirl...

Worth a shot. All else fails you have beer and cookies, eat them separate :)

if I'm snacking on olives, I like: Kalamata with anything tart or funky, Bleu Cheese/pepper stuffed with IPA's/IIPA's/aggressive Pales, Garlic Stuffed with non-aggressive Pales, and plain green with Czech/German Pils.

a little more cawfeh before my Stout Chode Stout.

Now you have me eating olives with no beer...getting ready to drive the family to my mom's, so beer has been flowing slow today.

Fresh warm bread loaf, and ketchup. An alternative, Saltine Crackers, and ketchup.

I've eaten that since I was a kid, and I picked it from my Grandfather. Now, I like eating it, with an IPA/IIPA.

I'm on a pickled beets kick at the moment. Otherwise, I used to make homemade chips after nights out, pan full of hot oil, new potatoes, what could go wrong. Kids, don't try this at home when you have consumed alcoholic beverages.

I'm on a pickled beets kick at the moment. Otherwise, I used to make homemade chips after nights out, pan full of hot oil, new potatoes, what could go wrong. Kids, don't try this at home when you have consumed alcoholic beverages.

I make them in the microwave. It's easy and they taste good. Granted everything's pretty good when I'm buzzing. I also got some powdered jalapeño from a local spice market and sprinkle that on sometimes. So effn good.

I picked up a couple when I lived in Japan. (Not my pictures, by the way)

My favorite munchie for any time, especially beer time, is these sesame crackers with a spicy-soy glaze and peanuts:
iamge_1390133407_article.jpg

They also have a few stranger ones:

Kanikko - little salted crunchy baby crabs you eat whole
Crab-Package.jpg

Tiny salted fish and slivered almonds:
japanese%20snacks_almond%20and%20fish.jpg

Smoked/salted squid jerky:
japan-dried-squid.jpg

Peanut butter filled mini pretzels....
Oh mama
About 15 Of those and a gulp of ipa to wash down the peanut butter cement on the choppers.

Back