Best Stout faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CidahMastah

Reaction score
I have been looking around for an all stainless stoute faucet that has a removable restrictor plate with a stainless nozzle. I can't seem to find one anywhere!

Has anyone had any luck, or would you recommend a stout faucet that you have used and like?

Thanks!

i ended up polishing out a Guinness one. chrome now vs brass for way less cash. still has the plastic

I found one at Foxx Equip. http://www.foxxequipment.com/, they even sell just thh s/s nozzle for a pricey
$23 bucks. The problem is they only sell wholesale, unless you have a business ID and address that you could set-up an account with. I only linked you to their home page, because you need an ID to see the catalog and pricing inside. Cheers!!!

Kegworks does have the same Tap-Rite/N.A.D.S brand that Foxx sell's:http://www.kegworks.com/european-specialty-stout-beer-faucet-in-chrome-412-p20048, and I believe it's the same nozzle. I do have an account with them. I called them today to ask them if the S/S nozzle would fit the ALUMASC brand all S/S stout faucet with plastic nozzle that they sell, and they said it would not. So back to square one. I don't know what to tell you. The s/s nozzle appears to look like it would fit most standard stout faucet's including guinness brand also, except the ALUMASC brand has larger nozzle threads, but this is the only one I can find thats 100% s/s body and lever. Hope this helps!! Cheers!!!

Kegworks does have the same Tap-Rite/N.A.D.S brand that Foxx sell's:http://www.kegworks.com/european-specialty-stout-beer-faucet-in-chrome-412-p20048, and I believe it's the same nozzle. I do have an account with them. I called them today to ask them if the S/S nozzle would fit the ALUMASC brand all S/S stout faucet with plastic nozzle that they sell, and they said it would not. So back to square one. I don't know what to tell you. The s/s nozzle appears to look like it would fit most standard stout faucet's including guinness brand also, except the ALUMASC brand has larger nozzle threads, but this is the only one I can find thats 100% s/s body and lever. Hope this helps!! Cheers!!!

Haha - as you said... back to square one!

Maybe I will simply have to concede that an all SS stout tap and nozzle isn't available. I suppose that this means I will end up with the SS body and the plastic nozzle, or just go with chrome all the way.... Probably easier to replace the plastic nozzle down the road vs. the body and mechanism. But what a bummer, it looks so drab!

For that price I could get three Guinness faucets on eBay.

Didn't say I was going to buy it :) But I think that is the first all stainless stout faucet I have found out there. that doesn't even include tax and shipping, which for me would add up to about $140!!

So, what did you decide on? I am looking at getting a faucet around christmas time.

You know, I decided to go with the stout faucet they sell at farmhouse brew supply. I am not sure if the internal body is solid stainless, but the nozzle and the distributor plate are. So my plan was to buy that one (bought it this past Tuesday), then when I add a second stout faucet, see if the stainless nozzle fits it.

Farmhouse has a message into the manufacturer of the faucet asking if the internals (that touch the beer) are stainless because he wasn't sure. It says a chrome plated body, but it seems odd the distributor plate and the nozzle would be stainless and not the internals (though they are likely chromed).

I needed to save some cash this time around because I was adding the entire stout system as well as adding a second stainless dual tap tower. Not to mention I am building my second fermentation chamber to hold two demijohns right now too... With all the expense I needed to trim cost a bit. Farmhouse's faucet is $68 (Farmhouse Brewing Supply -).

yup! Got it from Kegcowboy, and didn't pay anywhere near that price. Still trying to learn how to set it up to pour correctly, but pleased with it overall.

So you paid the 84.99 on their site?

I intend to set up the restriction on the faucet based on what I have read here. Not factoring in the faucet it sounds like people have had luck setting it up for 30ft of 3/16 line at 30 PSI on 75/25 beer gas mix. So I calculated the line resistance of bevlex 3/16 (R2.2 per ft x 30) to 66 without gravity factored in. Current plan is to use bevseal 3/16+ line or Bevlex and use mixer sticks to reduce the line length. I am guessing the mixers sticks are about equal to resistance of about 10, so I plan on using two-three of them if they fit in the dip tube.

For R values I used:
R2.2 = 3/16 bevlex
R.65 = 1/4 bevlex
R1.2 = 3/16+ bevseal
R10 = mixer stick (or equivalent to ~5ft of 3/16 bevlex @ 2.2)

Here is my chart for footage based on the variables outlined above. The first line is for 3/16'' bevlex line, the second line is 1/4'' bevlex line and the third is 3/16+ beavseal line (obviously I am not using 1/4'' line :D): mixer 1, 2, 3 simply means that with mixer stick resistance factored in you would need less line length.

So 2 mixer sticks of bevseal = 38.4ft of line (3.75oz in the line between pours)
2 mixer sticks of 3/16 bevseal = 20.5 ft of line (~7oz in the line between pours)

Stout.JPG

I don't remember what it was to be honest, but I know I wouldn't have paid 100+ for it! If that's what kegcowboy has it for, then that's what I bought it for. I also had them get me a 4 tap tower when I bought it. I actually sold my wife on the four tap tower by telling her we could have a dedicated nitro line. She was a real hard sell. :rolleyes:

I don't remember what it was to be honest, but I know I wouldn't have paid 100+ for it! If that's what kegcowboy has it for, then that's what I bought it for. I also had them get me a 4 tap tower when I bought it. I actually sold my wife on the four tap tower by telling her we could have a dedicated nitro line. She was a real hard sell. :rolleyes:

Haha. So to clear the confusion, the Kcowboy one looks the same as farmhouse, but farmhouse is $68 vs. the Kcowboy (84.99). The $140 one from perlick's website might be 100% all stainless body and nozzle, but as you pointed out... no way $140 is reasonable for an all stainless stout tap.

I really wanted to do a 4 or 6 tower, but since I already had a dual tower, I opted to get a second dual tower (so now 4 taps on my upstairs bar). Down the road I can always punch a hole out and add two more faucets to my towers (one in each).

Right now I have a 4 keg keezer and a refridge which is half filled with washed yeast and can hold two kegs (4 without the yeast).

So for now to keep it simple... I will keep the 4 kegs (keezer) with regular CO2 pushing up to the towers and use the (basement) refridge for the stout lines via a shank on the door. Some day they will come up stairs. For now I wanted to work on winning the war, not every battle!

My wife has been very understanding of all this stuff as well... of course she loves her draft cider that I make her year round... so she benefits

You know, I decided to go with the stout faucet they sell at farmhouse brew supply. I am not sure if the internal body is solid stainless, but the nozzle and the distributor plate are. So my plan was to buy that one (bought it this past Tuesday), then when I add a second stout faucet, see if the stainless nozzle fits it.

Farmhouse has a message into the manufacturer of the faucet asking if the internals (that touch the beer) are stainless because he wasn't sure. It says a chrome plated body, but it seems odd the distributor plate and the nozzle would be stainless and not the internals (though they are likely chromed).

I needed to save some cash this time around because I was adding the entire stout system as well as adding a second stainless dual tap tower. Not to mention I am building my second fermentation chamber to hold two demijohns right now too... With all the expense I needed to trim cost a bit. Farmhouse's faucet is $68 (Farmhouse Brewing Supply -).

Nice, i think i am going to go for that one as well, seems I keep finding its link on here so it can't be all bad! :)

I did get the stout faucet in - looks very nice and pending it works well (wouldn't see why not) I will get another. Very sturdy construction. Now waiting on the gas can and regulator!

Installed the shank this weekend - took about 10 minutes tops. Used a 7/8'' conduit chassis greenlee for a perfect fit. Man those are easy to install....

I got my faucet from Adventures in Homebrewing. I thought that it was all stainless. It was made in India. I think it was on sale for $70 - down from $100. Now I see the ad says, "Chrome plated body with a stainless spout and stainless restrictor plate."

The stout faucet from Micromatic is not very reliable. Broke two in less than a year. Both now leak and need replacement parts. Not recommended at all. Foxx Equipment sells some stout faucets, I'll post back after I've had a chance to test them.

Bumping an old thread. Anyone have any recommendations in 2019? I currently have the basic model you find at most stores and overall the craftmanship is pretty so-so.

I was looking at the following https://www.micromatic.com/draft-beer/stout-and-ale-faucet-polished-stainless-steel-body-12543 which I wonder is the one 88k is referencing. They do have a notice about not pushing it more than 45 degrees which is a lot different than the 90 I usually do on my current faucet.

I've been running a Micromatic JESF-4 for at least 7 years now and other than the typical spout issues common to all stout faucets it has never exhibited any problems. MM puts the same lever angle restriction advise on it but I'm almost certain I have pulled it to its stop numerous times (though I will verify that tonite).

I will note it sticks out a bit compared to the five 525ss Perls sharing the tower box, while the (much newer) 12543 model shouldn't...

Cheers!

Back