Best places to buy Rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnfever

Reaction score
I know it's to early to buy Rhizomes but I want to start planning. Where do you buy your Rhizomes from?

im hoping to make a freshops order for amirillo / cascade / and nugget this spring. Ive ordered there once before and was satisfied.

I didn't think you could buy/grow your own Amarillo. My understanding was the guy who invented it had some kind of patent or legal monopoly on it.

then maybe I wont be able to get some then :(

Well that was my understanding after talking with a local microbrew who gets it directly from him. But if you find out different, please please please post about it here. :)

well i can plant 4 rhizomes this spring. 1 MUST be cascade.. its my fav. Im not sure what the other 3 I want are.. maybe I should do all cascade but i would think that would leave me with too much for the year.

Any suggestions on easy growing hops.. i was thinking of trying Nugget. Other than that im not sure what I want.

maybe 1 good bittering hop / 2 flavor hops / and 1 aroma hop

well i can plant 4 rhizomes this spring. 1 MUST be cascade.. its my fav. Im not sure what the other 3 I want are.. maybe I should do all cascade but i would think that would leave me with too much for the year.

Any suggestions on easy growing hops.. i was thinking of trying Nugget. Other than that im not sure what I want.

maybe 1 good bittering hop / 2 flavor hops / and 1 aroma hop

thyme garden is where I got mine...out of 6, 5 sprouted

I placed my pre-order last night with thyme garden. I liked the fact that I could place the order now and just sit back and wait.

Thanks every one!!

I will be selling Cascades and Chinooks to members buy 3 get 1 free buy 10 get 4 free $3.50
Cheers Glen

Back