Best News Headlines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they bought the boss a ride in a jet, from which he "was" ejected, without his helmet.

But landed safely.

Sounds like a well engineered reduction in force, gone bad.

I just went through the same thing with a client of mine I’ve gotten pretty close to recently. Was in a ventilator for two weeks, practically unconscious... now he’s recovered breathing on his own, eating food, etc.

I was worried sick!

There seems to be a common notion that Covid-19 patients that go in respirators eventually come off them favorably. The actual outcomes are closer to 80% mortality. It's a grim disease that is still being understood as to the scope of damage it can wreak. This week it was found the virus not only attacks lung tissue but also can be found in cardiac tissues.

Be careful out there, folks...

There seems to be a common notion that Covid-19 patients that go in respirators eventually come off them favorably. The actual outcomes are closer to 80% mortality. It's a grim disease that is still being understood as to the scope of damage it can wreak. This week it was found the virus not only attacks lung tissue but also can be found in cardiac tissues.

Be careful out there, folks...

Yeah, we hear about the cases where someone comes off a vent. What isn't noted is that most of the deaths reported daily are people who were on one. There is naturally some bias built in to what is reported. Man bites dog, etc. But we still need to hear good news once in a while, or we'll all wilt away however vigilant.

The WHO suggests restricting access to alcohol during covid stay at home time.

http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-t...9-access-should-be-restricted-during-lockdown
I can definitely see this coming from the same organization that said China was being open and honest about COVID and there is no evidence of human to human transmission.

On 11 and 12 January 2020, WHO received further detailed information from the National Health Commission about the outbreak.

WHO is reassured of the quality of the ongoing investigations and the response measures implemented in Wuhan, and the commitment to share information regularly.

The evidence is highly suggestive that the outbreak is associated with exposures in one seafood market in Wuhan. The market was closed on 1 January 2020. At this stage, there is no infection among healthcare workers, and no clear evidence of human to human transmission. The Chinese authorities continue their work of intensive surveillance and follow up measures, as well as further epidemiological investigations.

couldn't have started with something less lethal? like manslaughter hornets?

noooo! had to be MURDER hornets

why not something non-violent, like jaywalking or shoplifting hornets?
Non social distancing hornets... now that would be scary...

I think they'll have to chalk that one up to drinking, eh?

Meanwhile...this little dude was five freakin' years old and managed to drive a vehicle out to an interstate?
I'm torn between awe and the pathetic realization it took me another 9 years to "borrow" one of my parents cars for some unlicensed joyriding with the buds...

Cheers! ;)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/06/us/5-year-old-driver-lamborghini-trnd/index.html

Los Angeles Herald, 1 February 1910

As an aside, it shows that yeast was apparently being dried on porches in Iowa in 1910.

1588850454684.png

Relayed by Akron Beacon Journal columnist Bob Dyer:

Worked up

Some hot news in a recent edition of the Port Clinton News Herald. And we quote: “A Port Clinton woman faces several charges after calling 911 and saying she needed to have a fire put out in her crotch.

“Katrina Morgan, 50, called the Port Clinton Police Department about 10 p.m. Saturday, asking for the fire department, because her ‘p***y’ was on fire, according to a Port Clinton Police report.

“Morgan was charged with felony disrupting of public services and misdemeanor making false alarms. ...

“A 911 call from the incident revealed Morgan asked if their ‘hose is working’ and said, ‘I need somebody to come put it out with their hose,’ according to the report.”

Now here’s a shock: “Empty bottles of alcohol were found at the home and the residents stated they all were drinking and that Morgan was intoxicated.”

**** FALLS FROM THE SKY IN KANSAS: DRUNK “CROP DUSTER” PLANE PILOT SPREADS 4 TONS OF MANURE OVER CITY

Back