best keg supply prices?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagpiperjosh

Reaction score
Id like to start kegging my brew within the year and i plan to convert an old fridge into a keggerator. Where are the best prices to get everything id need to start kegging and etc? i dont know if i should just get a pre made kit or try to find all of the stuff by myself. The problem is i dont know what i need.. sizes of hose etc..

thanks

Just yesterday I purchased a kit from keg connection. I was extremely happy with price and service. I know others on here have used them and beverage factory among others. I found keg connections prices to be better and the website a little easier to use. That is just my opinion though.

look and see if you have a home brew store in your area and you wont have to pay shipping. Also restaurant supply stores have conversion kits. I bought mine from superior products in Orlando Fl 20 years ago. Just rebuilt it last week from parts at HeartsHomeBrew in Orlando Fl. They were very knowledgeable about everything. just trying to get things set right is my problem. hope to add a home brew upgrade next year.

I second kegconnection. Bought a complete two keg kit with kegs, co2 tank, regulator, hoses and QDs, shanks and taps for $230 and a Craigslist fridge for $60. I didn't have to buy anything else (except co2) and was pouring beer the next day.

look and see if you have a home brew store in your area and you wont have to pay shipping. Also restaurant supply stores have conversion kits. I bought mine from superior products in Orlando Fl 20 years ago. Just rebuilt it last week from parts at HeartsHomeBrew in Orlando Fl. They were very knowledgeable about everything. just trying to get things set right is my problem. hope to add a home brew upgrade next year.

my home brew store doesn't do kegging, or i definitely would

Still waiting on my kit from keg connection but spent 155 for a 4 picnic tap set up that I will upgrade to perlick at some point. $50 for a 24cuft freezer on CL. eBay temp controller $18. I own a bar/ restaurant so I got kegs and co2 free from pepsi but total in into kegging for $273. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Yeah, I think kegconnection has the best prices (Especially for an AL 5lb tank...) and they have a good flat shipping rate. I've been pleased with them. Good customer service. I ordered a tank from them and when I received it, the plastic valve handle was broken and that made me concerned for the entire valve assembly. They sent me another tank the next day along with a prepaid return shipping label for me to return the damaged tank.

I've used both keg connection and beverage factory. I liked them both; beverage factory had amazing customer service, but IIRC, keg connection had the better bargains.

Its a tough choice between those two, but keg connection seems like a smaller business, and is very close to home, so I would probably go with them in the future :)

I'm looking for internal hookups myself. I would piece them myself since it looks like a lot of their kits have really short hoses, and only include internal parts. I priced 2 5 gal cornelius ball kegs, 5# co2, and 2+1 regulator at KC for 244. There's a package deal on Midwest (brewlogic) for a similar set up with all the trimmings for 254.

On KC, if you exclude the 2+1 regulator, and add a standard 2 keg kit, it still goes for 244. This is a closer match to what Midwest has, but for $10 less. The Extra $10 that Midwest offers is a better regulator, so you can have two separate lines offering different PSIs. Their part number is E8004 if you want to check it out. You can opt to get a reconditioned steel tank for $-5 if that matters.

Either way I choose, I'll be getting bulk tubing anyway since they both are on the short side.

Midwest costs more on shipping though, but I would order more than just the kit to offset shipping costs.

I search for hours on pricing my 5 tap set-up. Keg Connection ended up having the best total price when all was figured. The flat rate shipping was a big thing. They had great service helping me out. I just happend to run into a guy that had quit brewing a few years ago and I was able to buy 15 ball locks for $400. Nothing cheap when getting set up.

Just know up front that kegging start up is the biggest hit. If you don't plan on starting until a year, you could probably easily piece together a setup cheaper than you would buying from someplace. However, I have used beverage factory for my taps and shanks and kegconnection for some other things. You'll have to decide what works best for you. For me, shipping plays a big part into at as well as the customer service. Just like a restaurant, I'll pay them more for good service...and I'll support businesses that go above and beyond to help the customer.

Just know up front that kegging start up is the biggest hit. If you don't plan on starting until a year, you could probably easily piece together a setup cheaper than you would buying from someplace. However, I have used beverage factory for my taps and shanks and kegconnection for some other things. You'll have to decide what works best for you. For me, shipping plays a big part into at as well as the customer service. Just like a restaurant, I'll pay them more for good service...and I'll support businesses that go above and beyond to help the customer.

Amen to that! Not a price Ho either. :mug:

My LHBC did a group buy and prices came out to:

$22 for Coke pinlocks.
$26 for Coke with ball locks.
$37 for Pepsi.
Shipping is $3.50 per keg.

Thumbs up to Kegconnection as well. Just got the two tap system delivered, and ordered 3 more ball lock kegs from them, as well. Good service, quick shipping, looks like quality stuff, too!

Being In Johnstown, you're best shipping rates will probably be from keggle brewing near Pittsburgh. I don't know that they have keg setups, but I think they have good rates on extra kegs.

Not sure if anyone is aware but keg connections order system has been down since Wednesday. They said maybe back up today but definately by Monday. So if you order and it's delayed it's not typical just a big mess with their system right now.

I was wondering why my kit hasn't shipped yet. That explains a lot. Thanks for the information. Hope they get it going soon. I have bock that needs co2 and drinking. They have to help me!

I found this place on E-Bay but they have their own website. I got a 5 gallon used ball lock keg, 2-1 brand new Regulator a brand new CO2 tank and of the necessary connections for $154 + shipping = $172.00. Set it up and everything seems to work.

FWIW, I got my 2 tap system with standard (cheap) faucets, 2 ball locks, and a 15lb cylinder for ~$330 shipped from beverage factory. I priced a similar setup at KC (they don't sell 15lb cylinders and their kits don't come with drip trays) and it was about $30 more with the smaller cylinder. YMMV, I shopped a lot before buying mine, but I'm not disappointed. Just wish they offered the add on price for the kegs ($80 for 2) after the fact, I could use another few :).

Back