Best hops prices in local homebrew shops in Seattle WA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shenanigans

Reaction score
Hi All,

I come from Ireland but live in continental Europe and like everywhere the hop prices have gone through the roof this year.

My SWMBO is going to Seattle on business next week and I was thinking of her to bring me back some hops.

Unfortunately it will be too difficult/risky with the short time window to order some on line and pick them up over there. So I will get her to drop into a LHBS and pick up preferably a half pound or a pound of one or more of the following:

Simcoe, Citra, Amarillo and Mosaic.

Do you have any recommendations where would the best place be to go?
Preferably not too far from the centre if possible but if it's a good deal I can persuade her to go a bit further.

Also if you are aware of good deals on other American aroma hops at the moment I could pick up half a pound or pound of those instead.

I already have loads of Summit, Cascade, Willamette, El Dorado and Columbus so I wouldn't be interested in those or any bittering hops.
If there was a good deal for Chinook or Centennial then I would consider those too.

Thanks! :mug:

Larry's Brew Supply in Tukwila (10 - 15 mi south of Seattle downtown) carries hops for $2.00 an oz for most varieties. Not sure if that's any better than what you are looking at already. I don't think they deal in larger packages. Couple of weeks ago they were out of Amarillo and Centennial pellets, so I had to get whole leaf. Might want to call to find out what they have you might be interested in. I don't know about any of the other LHBS'.

Address: 790 Andover Park E, Tukwila, WA 98188
Phone: (253) 872-6846

Brew on :mug:

Larry's Brew Supply in Tukwila (10 - 15 mi south of Seattle downtown) carries hops for $2.00 an oz for most varieties. Not sure if that's any better than what you are looking at already. I don't think they deal in larger packages. Couple of weeks ago they were out of Amarillo and Centennial pellets, so I had to get whole leaf. Might want to call to find out what they have you might be interested in. I don't know about any of the other LHBS'.

Address: 790 Andover Park E, Tukwila, WA 98188
Phone: (253) 872-6846

Thanks for the tip :mug:

Well she has a day off tomorrow and wants to head up north to see one of the places where Twilight was shot.
So I sent her on her way this morning with a shopping list for Homebrew Heaven in Everett.
1lb each of Simcoe, Citra, Amarillo and Mosaic pellets.
Plus they have Sorachi Ace leaf on special so a half pound of that too :D
Hopefully she doesn't get any problems with the customs :confused:

Thanks for the tip :mug:

Well she has a day off tomorrow and wants to head up north to see one of the places where Twilight was shot.
So I sent her on her way this morning with a shopping list for Homebrew Heaven in Everett.
1lb each of Simcoe, Citra, Amarillo and Mosaic pellets.
Plus they have Sorachi Ace leaf on special so a half pound of that too :D
Hopefully she doesn't get any problems with the customs :confused:
I she headed to Forks? That's a long way from Seattle for a day trip. Or, did they do some shooting closer to Seattle?

I she headed to Forks? That's a long way from Seattle for a day trip. Or, did they do some shooting closer to Seattle?

To be honest I have no idea, I just had hops in my eyes when she was telling me :p
All I know is she will be passing by the exit to Everett on the i5 so it's perfect for dropping into Brewing Heaven. :tank:

Back