Best Drunkfood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
you know, the best after-hours, late night, stumble in and out, stuff your face food

Chania, Crete, gyro place served their souvlakis with fries stuffed inside.

very tasty

2nd place has to go to Taco Bell drive-thru, since the Isle of Crete is a helluva long drive when you're drunk

Good ole bacon Cheeseburger with fries. If I'm at home when I eat that, drunk me has to hide the fast food from the sober me.

Hardee's/Carls Jr. Thick Burgers and/or pretty much anything at Denny's. one night my brother Pig Pen desecrated a clean basket of laundry with his Thick Burger as we passed the Frat house down the street from his. we hated those guys.

Pita Pit anything, or a sandwich shop on San Diego called Fat Sal's.. It's worth booking a drunk flight and taking a drunk cab to get it.

Tacos. That is if I can manage to get my hands on them, but if drunk, I don't generally venture out on the roads.

I am currently am stationed in Germany so its hard to find drunk food late, we would dart out of the pub at 1230 for gyros and fries, then head back on the Kaserne for another club that was open until 4am but no food. We would take the crappy freezer pizza and heat them on a hot plate in a frying pan. In the states I like taco bell, Carls Jr. While stationed in Hawaii the bar stayed open until 4am then we would eat breakfast before driving back to the northshore. The best was the crap we would eat off the streets of Korea, crazy ass fried ****, shrimp, fries and other critters.

Burritos from any of the local O's joints (Nico's, Filliberto's, Beto's...). My personal favorite would be the machaca con queso with the green sauce.

Popeye's chicken. Sorry, Bojangles. You have better biscuits, but you aren't open 24/7.

Home food - Kraft Mac 'n Cheese. Always fun making that stuff when you're buzzed.

Also, pizza. But pizza is always good, so there's that.

Tommy's in SCA.

tccf.jpg

My college roommate would make pancakes drunk. There were a couple times when she turned the burner on too high and ruined them, so she took a sharpie and marked the perfect pancake temp on the dial. Problem solved.

Mmm.... tako/taco rice. Best street/drunk food in Japan. Cheap azz white rice, taco seasoning on ground beef, cheap yellow cheese, sour cream, shredded lettuce and hit with hot sauce.

Another great option is yakitori (meat, stick, grill) or tako balls (squid meat, filler, made into a ball, coated in a batter, then cooked in what looks like a muffin pan.

Gravy pizza.

house-of-georgie.jpg

It's pizza with peppercorn gravy on top. It's delicious... but only when drunk.

It's pizza with peppercorn gravy on top. It's delicious... but only when drunk.

I would have to be more drunk than I've ever been to even touch that.

but I have been extremely drunk many times in my life, I can't be at all sure I HAVEN'T tried it

gotta be pretty drunk-n-hungry to eat that

then again, first dude who saw a lobster or a crab and said, "I could eat a sea bug" had to be extremely drunk-n-hungry

I understand the objection to gravy pizza... but I also don't understand it. 2 of the top 3 best food groups are 1) Pizza and 2) Gravy (with #3 being ice cream). Let's do the math:

Pizza = awesome
Gravy = awesome.

So, Pizza + Gravy = Awesome^2

In Western New York there is something called a garbage plate. I haven't had one in years, but I have very fond, though somewhat foggy, memories of eating them.

This is a link to the originator: http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/GarbagePlate.htm

We have a place called Mighty Taco that's always a good 2AM stop.

Other than that, any place that serves breakfast 24/7 is a good option. I wish we had Waffle House up here.

I understand the objection to gravy pizza... but I also don't understand it. 2 of the top 3 best food groups are 1) Pizza and 2) Gravy (with #3 being ice cream). Let's do the math:

Pizza = awesome
Gravy = awesome.

So, Pizza + Gravy = Awesome^2

i don't know how you do algebra up in the great white north, but here in good ol' america it's just 2*(Awesome)

If you have a designated driver, Taco Bell is a classic late night dine.

If you don't, stock your fridge with frozen Jalapeno White Castle burgers. They do more than get you by in a pinch!

wow.

you've never had a cheesesteak before?

if what Remmy posted a picture of is what you call a "cheesesteak", which, like I said, looks to me like steakums topped with cheeze whiz, then no. and would never want to. i would have to be pig-****ing drunk to find that appealing

what I would eat, is what Mo's Pizza, 3109 Briarcliff Road, Atlanta, Georgia calls their "Phili Cheese Steak". it is sliced sirloin with white american cheese, tho I get mine with provolone

what I would eat, is what Mo's Pizza, 3109 Briarcliff Road, Atlanta, Georgia calls their "Phili Cheese Steak". it is sliced sirloin with white american cheese, tho I get mine with provolone

now THIS is something i'd have to be pig-****ing drunk to eat.

a true philly cheesesteak has wiz. end of discussion.

if what Remmy posted a picture of is what you call a "cheesesteak", which, like I said, looks to me like steakums topped with cheeze whiz, then no. and would never want to. i would have to be pig-****ing drunk to find that appealing

Since when is Atlanta known for its cuisine? :D

It is the biggest city in the south, larger than Miami

Great places for soul food, grits, southern fried chicken, Georgia BBQ

It is the biggest city in the south, larger than Miami

Great places for soul food, grits, southern fried chicken, Georgia BBQ

Agree there. But not known for its cheesesteaks or pizza.

Latest posts

Back