Best Drunk Food?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whataburger
IHOP
Taqueria Arandas
Taco truck outside of Palmer's Icehouse on I-10 east of downtown

one time, I got up and made everyone in the apartment eggs.

... what? I was druck :drunk:

And, there are two places just a few minutes from my office that have some pretty good doner on hand. One of them just happens to be next door to a good beer bar that happens to be next door to arguably the best beer bar in Houston. Go figure on that one. :)

Which ones? It's been a while since I've been to Houston, but I'm sure I'll get back there someday and I'm making a list of places to visit. I want to take an eating tour of the city since the food is one of the things I miss most about living there.

As for drunk food - Waffle House, White Castle, and real Mexican, but that place usually isn't open when I'm looking for drunk food.

Its not that I cant afford it, its that at 1.25 it did not seem like the best option. Anyways, if I still lived in Florida I would be going for a .99 spicy chicken sandwich from McDonalds or Waffle House hash browns with chili, jalapeños, ham, and cheese. However, I live in Nebraska now and those options are not available.

Curry all the way. The hotter the better. Not that I like hot curry that much, it's just the English way, and being drunk brings out the stupid ******* in me. I once had a friend who passed out in his curry. He just lurched forward and rested his face in it. It was the third day of his bachelor party.He was my hero for a while after that. :)

Mmmmm. Curry.

Red, Green, or Yellow?

My wifes 1 palateable dish is Lamb in Yellow curry with Basmati rice. I have tried and tried to get her to prepare it with beer (thinking a Mild) but have yet to win her over with the idea.

+1000000 on a good curry, +10000000000 on a Doner Kebab, 'cept most of the ones I got in latter years in Scotland had lettuce instead of raw cabbage.

Russian River Brewery in Santa Rosa does the best meatball sub I ever had which goes really well with a pint of their Dead Leaf Green.

two words... DONER KABOB. Holy crap i wish i could get it in my area. Actually i think i've only seen it once or twice in the US.

If you can find Gyro's it's the same meat. Doesn't necessarily come with the accoutrements that some of us like on our end-of-night-kebab but it's close.

You've never lived 'til you've seem the spinning kebab right when they fire up the gas with last nights crust of grease and dried meat, then slice the surface off to reveal the tasty goodness. It's better than bacon! :D

Actually I forgot the Doner Calzone my local pizza place used to make. I retract all my previous responses and replace with this.

Honestly, I don't know how there's anyone left alive in Scotland!!!!!

Curry all the way. The hotter the better. Not that I like hot curry that much, it's just the English way, and being drunk brings out the stupid ******* in me. I once had a friend who passed out in his curry. He just lurched forward and rested his face in it. It was the third day of his bachelor party.He was my hero for a while after that. :)

yea man this deffinitly caught my eye. Feel free to post or PM your recipes for curry. Its grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat

yea man this deffinitly caught my eye. Feel free to post or PM your recipes for curry. Its grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat

1. Curry powder
2. Stuff
3. Popadoms (sp)

I'm not the cook in the house. :( However, I do always throw in some pineapple when wifey ain't looking......Then I get to claim that I cooked the whole meal :)

PS How come, when they put pineapple on a pizza all of a sudden it's bloody Hawaiin!? It's only a bloody pineapple for chrisakes!!! :D

1. Curry powder
2. Stuff
3. Popadoms (sp)

I'm not the cook in the house. :( However, I do always throw in some pineapple when wifey ain't looking......Then I get to claim that I cooked the whole meal :)
What is it with you Brits and curry? My British friend uses curry on everything. I suspect he probably puts it on Fruity Pebbles, which is my drunk food of choice.

Actually, don't have to be drunk. Fruity Pebbles rock.:rockin:

What is it with you Brits and curry? My British friend uses curry on everything.

Simple. Invade a country, claim it as part of your Empire. Beat the poor buggers up for a couple of hundred years then steal their tea and their food. After a while, it becomes your own. :)

Simple. Invade a country, claim it as part of your Empire. Beat the poor buggers up for a couple of hundred years then steal their tea and their food. After a while, it becomes your own. :)

See, we can't really claim all that. There was probably Pemmican, that's about it...

I'm sure Colombus grabbed some ideas when he lied and said he 'discovered' the new world :D

Figured that. Those accents make you sound so refined and classy when in reality you're just repressionist thieves.;)

buy 7 gyros, then stuff all the meat into one pita and smother with tzatziki
I fixed it for you :D. Who puts chili sauce on a doener? The red tzatziki I can see, but when I think chili sauce I think Sriracha et al, which doesn't belong on doener.

Happy to see that it's the general consensus that Doener is the best drunk food.
TexLaw, please elaborate on the Doener place and beer bars in Houston. My parents live there and I go back for holidays.

im ashamed to say it but Dennys....if im really gonna splurge and drive i go with Ihop......deffinitly some pancakes or toast

No IHOP in my town, so it's Denny's here too. That and Taco Bell are the standard drunkard eating locations.

I'm not repressed! Now, do you want your wallet back? :eek:
Keep it. Nothing in it anyway.

On the Denny's subject, is there some sort of company wide mandate that the service must be snail-paced? Last time I ate there in a drunken stupor was roughly 4 am in Syracuse, N.Y. Just me and another guy in the place but about six service folks. Waited 45 minutes for freakin' pancakes.

Keep it. Nothing in it anyway.

On the Denny's subject, is there some sort of company wide mandate that the service must be snail-paced? Last time I ate there in a drunken stupor was roughly 4 am in Syracuse, N.Y. Just me and another guy in the place but about six service folks. Waited 45 minutes for freakin' pancakes.

Sounds like the worst date EVER!!!! Zing!!!

Sorry, I had to.....couldn't resist. :(

Sounds like the worst date EVER!!!! Zing!!!

Sorry, I had to.....couldn't resist. :(
I do spend an inordinate amount of time with that guy. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Coincidentally, we call him the Roaming Gnome. He looks a lot like that foolish statue from Travelocity commercials.

I do spend an inordinate amount of time with that guy. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Coincidentally, we call him the Roaming Gnome. He looks a lot like that foolish statue from Travelocity commercials.

Too much info there. I now have a mental image of you hanging out in Denny's with a guy who looks EXACTLY like the roaming gnome!

I fixed it for you :D. Who puts chili sauce on a doener? The red tzatziki I can see, but when I think chili sauce I think Sriracha et al, which doesn't belong on doener.

Happy to see that it's the general consensus that Doener is the best drunk food.
TexLaw, please elaborate on the Doener place and beer bars in Houston. My parents live there and I go back for holidays.

Help me out here Gnome, in most of the kebab joints I attended in Scotland it was chili sauce or chili onions.

Help me out here Gnome, in most of the kebab joints I attended in Scotland it was chili sauce or chili onions.

I was never into kebabs unless I was absolutely falling down paralytic monster seeing DRUNK....So my knowledge on kebabs is a little fuzzy..

Having said that. I DO wonder why they are kebabs over there, but kebobs over here. Jesus, we can't even agree on how to spell English, and between us we are screwing up everyone elses words too? :p

I was never into kebabs unless I was absolutely falling down paralytic monster seeing DRUNK....So my knowledge on kebabs is a little fuzzy..

Mmmmmm, "falling down paralytic monster seeing DRUNK". Those were the days. :drunk:

Having said that. I DO wonder why they are kebabs over there, but kebobs over here. Jesus, we can't even agree on how to spell English, and between us we are screwing up everyone elses words too? :p

Try getting consensus on Korma, Kurma, Quorma, ......

I have to say my all time favorite is the Doner Kebap.

In DC I usually head straight for Julia's Empenadas or Alberto's Pizzaria (they say its Chicago style, but its most definately NY style).

What about Taco Bell? I only did a quick look and I don't think I saw anyone thinking outside the bun.

Beer fills me up but quickly washes out of my stomach because it's a liquid, so once I quit drinking I'm usually in the mood for something full of carbohydrates, especially pizza, burgers, or any type of potatoes. Pretty much any type of meat is good too. Damn I'm getting hungry

I liked Taco Bell 5-10 years ago, but since then they've become skimpy, lower quality, and more expensive. When I'm in the mood for Mexican I get the authentic stuff. Maybe a buck or two more, but better tasting and 10 times as filling

Back