Beers popular with the ladies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and her pals loved my raspberry wheat.

She has a couple co-workers who have said my baltic is the best beer they have ever had.

+1 on the rasberry wheat......my wife is a Mich ultra drinker and loved the raswheat.....I put about 1/4 oz of coriander as well. Rasberry extract when kegged.
Good Luck:rockin:

Why not make a cider? It's sweeter and chicks like that.

I'm fortunate, my gf's fav is also my fav, hopped up IPA!

Ciders are definitely easier on the palate, most definitely something akin to a Woodchuck Pear or Red Apple.

I'm brewing a batch of Celis Raspberry at the moment, in hopes my wife will dig on that. Currently, about the only beer she'll drink with any consistency is Blue Moon or Bud Light Golden Wheat.

SWMBO hates beer, but seems to enjoy a good oatmeal stout because "it doesn't taste like beer" and has a good chocolate/coffee flavor. I would say any light, sweet tasting beer would be what you're looking for (Corona clone or something). Stay clear of IPAs or anything that has a lot of IBUs...

Girls are very strange when it comes to beer. I have done quite a bit of "research". One girl claimed she hated beer, and I happened to have some Stone Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout along with my homebrew at the party, so she tried it and looved it along with my extra stout. My girlfriend got into good beer the same time I did since we shared different beers. She didn't like IPAs at first now she loves them. She loves big stouts, and well good beer in general. She just brewed an Imperial Mango Hefeweizen, so we'll see how that turns out. One of her friends absolutely looved my Kentucky Common. Some girls absolutely hate any beer they try. Some like fruity beers, some just a simple Blonde Ale. It's really hit or miss with the ladies.

Some guys hate absolutely any beer they try.....:confused:

+1! Trying to categorize tastes based on gender seems pointless at best and sexist at worst. Most of the women I know, including my tiny wife, prefer a 70+ IBU 7+% ABV IPA over what most people think of as "chick beers".

Back