Beer Transplant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmayhugh

Turgid Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason, my sixtel sanke keg from a local brewery has started foaming excessively.
If was pouring fine, when my temp controller on my keezer got stuck on, and the beer froze.

I replaced the controller, and allowed the keg to thaw. That was two weeks ago. Ever since I've had the foaming problem. I'm thinking that there may still be some residual ice or something that's providing nucleation sites, causing the foam.

I'm considering doing a "beer transplant" into one of my pre-purged corney kegs. I've put the recipient keg in the keezer to cool down, and will attempt the transplant tomorrow.

Any suggestions??

What’s the normal temp set at in the keezer ?
It could be a scenario where as the beer got super chilled it absorbed more Co2, and then after it’s back to normal temp, it’s now over carbed

@jimmayhugh , off topic, but had to share. i was laughing at your avatar a couple minutes ago, it reminded me of a trip to Daytona’s bike week many years ago. We were traveling down I-95 , perhaps in Georgia, when we spotted a sign for Sonny’s travel center, advertising strippers, fireworks, liquor, tobacco, and gas, all under one roof.

STOP!!!!!

What better place for a bunch of rednecks to stop :yes:

Last edited:
Back