Beer Tower Tail Piece Gasket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briz34

Reaction score
Howdy! Was hoping to get some help identifying this part so I can get replacement gaskets for it.

I have a dual tap tower purchased 10+ yrs ago - beer tap shanks have what appears to be a male NPT connection. The tail piece is brass and has nut that can be removed from the fitting/tube is fared open and a 90 deg barb hose tail fitting. I'm having the hardest time finding this part let alone a gasket for it. Fits 3/16" beer line. If you can see in the picture the gasket is still on the face of the fitting (this is what I'm trying to replace). Tail Piece.jpg

I removed the shank nut that secures the shank to the tower and confirmed it's one piece. All the other tail pieces I've been able to search for either connection to a smooth shank end or has a bushing then 90 deg tail placed inside of it.

If any more information is needed I can provide thanks!

That is a rather unusual shank and tail piece combo - I've not seen anything like it before.
Is there any branding visible on the major components?
If the gasket/o-ring is replaceable my suspicion is your best bet is a micrometer and McMaster-Carr...

Cheers!

Going to store to get the below to see if it works.

• #36 O-Ring (AS568B# 008)
  • 5/16 inch OD x 3/16 inch ID x 1/16 inch wall thickness

Don't have much confidence with o-rings with this connection as I think the O-ring would slip down towards the center before it's crushed. Typically when o-rings are used in a 'sandwich' application there's a groove for them. I'll look around for flat ones as I forgot to look for them while I was at the store.

I installed the o-rings tonight and so far they are sealing. Not sure by how much but once these kegs are kicked I'll remove the connection to inspect the gasket to see if it was crushed/deformed.

Came home today and noticed some beer coming from my tower, leaking from one connection. I've had to periodically check it and have tightened them a couple times. Now it's to the point where the compression of the o-ring feels gone so these won't work. Did some digging and a majority of tower beer shanks have the elbow soldered to the end which would eliminate this connection point.

Kind of stinks having to replace 2 shanks just cause I cannot find this gasket but this is just taking too long. Looking at ss shanks to use.

Back