Beer Tastes "Flat" - Water Report and Additions Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zgreenside

Reaction score
I am looking to see what I can do to change my water profile in order to start really helping make the flavors pop in each of my beers. I tried poking around with Bru'n but I don't really know what I'm doing, so I'm not sure if I'm entering everything correctly.

Typically I've only ever used Five Star's 5.2 Stabilizer, but Bru'n says it doesn't actually work that well, and my beer has continued to feel like it's missing something. My beer tastes good, but I have both a stout and a munich dunkel that, for lack of a better word, taste like "brown water".

That's enough words, here's the latest water report:

3ySJOK7.jpg

What's going to be the best thing to add to really help the flavors pop and the hops a little more pronounced?

This is rather like asking "What stocks should I buy in order to get rich?" As a general comment, your water contains enough alkalinity that you will have to deal with it to some extent for most beers. There is tons of stuff in thus forum to give you direction but you will have to do some research.

Latest posts

Back