Beer taste different

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattstanke

Reaction score
Made a IPA and it taste good but I notice there is a difference in taste if I drink it at room temp it is good and after I have it in the fridge it has a little bit of a stale taste or over carbonated taste to it does any one know why

when liquids become cold they are able to absorb more co2. after leaving it in the fridge it became more carbonated because its cold.

Either that or decide to stick with the German warm beer.

Northern Brewer has a great priming sugar calculator. The standard 5oz of corn sugar for 5gallons is usually too much. For instance, to fit the IPA style best, you would prime with 4.2oz. If that is still too carbed for your taste, you are always free to adjust it.

For your current batch, it might help to pour it and let it breathe for a bit before you drink it. Is the last sip better than the first?

The last sip is a little better I drink them kinda fast I have just been putting them in the fridge for about 15 min before I drink so they get a little chill thanks for all the info

Back