Beer Soap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezter6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy of mine saw something about someone who made soap out of spent grains. Said it's very similar to oatmeal soap, which people buy up at craft fairs for like $4 a bar.

Any ideas on how to get a good side biz running to pay for my ingredients? :p

homebrewer_99 said:
It's another case of misnomer marketing ploy...it's not "beer" soap because there was never any yeast in it...it's just spent-grain soap at best.

You could toss in a little trub for protien then it would be beer soap.

Coincidentally...my mom just got back off a 2 week trip through the country and brought me a bar of it. It's Oatmeal Stout Beer Soap made by Milwaukee Beer Soap. Here's their myspace page:

www.myspace.com/milwaukeebeersoap

The bar of soap came with a small flyer describing the soap. It's made from freshly brewed beer...not old skunk beer. Each bar is approximately 25% beer, but the cold soap-making process removes alcohol and scent from it. It has the spent grains mixed into it and smells great. The flyer also lists the maker as a brewer named Jim Olen, and lists a phone #- 888-214-8370

I'm sure the maker could answer any questions you might have about the process. The bar cost around $5, so if you have the extra time, I'm sure you could make a decent profit off them. Rather than throw out the grains you just brewed with.....re-sell them.

Latest posts

Back