Beer snob turned brewer here.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alterosity

Reaction score
Hi, I'm from Louisville, KY and I recently started brewing. I'm only on my second batch now, but am planning to make quite a few more. Though I've only made two, I've lived with some guys who brewed on many occasions. I'm a big fan of Bell's and Great Lakes products.

hey, from Louisville myself, a few of us on here. there is a brewing club here in town, i haven't made it there yet, going to try and make it to the December meeting. also a big fan of bells, two hearted ale is just awesome.

Hi and welcome to HBT. I'm also in KY but near Paducah. I wish there was a brew club here or even a homebrew supply store. I need to move.

Yeah, the HB community seems sparse in this area. And the LHBS selection is a bit... lacking. But we must soldier on!

I'm only a month or so into brewing and I'm about to brew a 3rd batch. I can't help myself.

Bowling Green, Ky here. I have found that this area of the state in particular is PITIFUL when it comes to homebrew activity. Really, beer related stuff in general, but good luck finding anyone who even knows what you're talking about around here. I've only heard rumors of another 2 or 3 people who brew around here...never met anyone in person.

Welcome to the obsession. It borders on all-consuming.

I'm hopeful that someday things will change in this area (Paducah) and a few more people take to brewing. So far the people I mention it to look at me like I'm crazy. I did actually find someone who had a hop plant growing in their yard. They said their Grandpa had planted it way back when. I was able to get a good supply but not sure what kind they are. No matter, they smell great and taste great too and I couldn't beat the price. They had been trying to kill it but it kept coming back.

Welcome! I quite like Great Lakes beers too, but pretty soon, you will only be buying that stuff for comparison tests to see how your real stuff is progressing. ;)

Thanks for the welcome everyone. orfy, I'm probably going to make an extract Hobgoblin for the brew after next. I liked the looks of that recipe and reception.

Welcome to the forum.

Homebrewing knows no geographic limits. Between forums like this for learning, and a whole host of on line suppliers who will deliver to your door, reliance on local support is not needed.

Hi and welcome to HBT. I'm also in KY but near Paducah. I wish there was a brew club here or even a homebrew supply store. I need to move.

I'm in if you want to start a club in the Paducah-Murray area. I'm just south of Murray across the TN state line. Been brewing on my own for the past three years and doing the wine thing for the past 7 or 8 years. I've progressed into some all grain and kegging. I've got some extra supplies (regulators, cookware, bottle cappers) that I will be looking to sell off, soon. It would be great to help out a fellow club member if somone was in the need for these items at cheap prices.

The closest brew shops that I know of in the area are in Nashville, TN (2 different ones) or Memphis, TN. Personally, I use NORTHERN BREWER for most of my stuff. The Party Mart on Lone Oak is listed as a supplier. I will be contacting them after they open as last nights batch had a failed package of Wyeast and I need to pitch to that batch of Sassion immediately.

Send me a PM if you have an interest in a club in this area. I know of one other guy in my local area that is brewing, although I am sure I can find more.

Back