Beer opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striker918

Reaction score
Picked up a few beers from the store today. The first is wider brothers barrel aged brrrbon '11, the second is 3 floyds/brewdog ***** please, and the third is a rogue double dead guy ale 2009. Any thoughts or reviews on these beers from anyone who has tried them?

image-3826801696.jpg

My thoughts are "I wish NH didn't suck so much so I could get beer like this"

About to make a trip to the local beer store and what I leave with will pale in comparison to any of those.

Ejoy! Let us know your thoughts.

I had the "***** Please" last night. It was raunchy, but a couple sips later, I was admiring it more and more. In this order, this is how I tasted it:

Whiskey, bitter hops, wood, dirt, smoke.

The smoke was deep and charcoal tasting only at the finish. It left no smoke "fumes" in your mouth and the alcohol presence seemed like it was whiskey related, not beer fermentation related. It was not hot tasting or overly alcoholic.
I urge you to keep an open mind while tasting. Truly raunchy and for a true beer drinker at heart.

Latest posts

Back