Beer Mile Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DangerDanJD

Reaction score
Looking for an all grain brew for a Beer Mile event. For those that don't know (shame on you), the Beer Mile consists of drinking beer and running a mile for time. Each participate must drink a beer, run a 1/4 mile lap four times. Google "beermile" for more information.

I've been brewing about 6 months now and just made the move to all grain so I'm looking for an all grain recipe. I'm thinking something fairly light and lightly carbonated as well with a final abv of 5%. I still want the beer to actually taste good and that can be enjoyed by everyone afterwards. I'm certainly not planning on breaking any records. I run about a 7 minute mile and and shooting for 8-9 minute time. The records is an absurd 5:07 or some nonsense. I also think the inclusion of some special ingredients, caffeine perhaps that could be of benefit. My plan is to brew up a 5-6 gallon batch for an upcoming event.

So the question is, if you were to design the perfect beer for a Beer Mile, what would it be?

DD

That looks like a good start. Looks like that should ferment out to about 5.25% abv. I could just add less priming sugar at bottling to lower the carbonation. I'm still interested to see if anyone has a specific recipe/ingredient that might be of benefit?

Back