Beer Machine Model 2000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer Machine Model 2000

Has anyone ever tried this?

Sorry to say, it looks like a shady hunk of crap to me.

It works great, I had an older model. It uses a small co2 cartridge
to keep the beer carbonated. Very convenient for brewing half
batches (2.5 gal). Initial fermentation in a 3 gal carboy, then pour
into the keg with extra sugar and hops if you are dry hopping.

The only problem I had was with the gasket that goes in the
middle, sanitizing with bleach made it stiffen and you had to
replace it after a while.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Never used it, but it probably works. I just know that you can buy a whole beer kit with way more useful equipment for $100.

meh.. looks alright, id rather buy a used crony keg beer dispensing kit (minus the CO2) for about the same price. Granted that thing looks like it might fit in the fridge a little better.

My father in law bought one of these, and a bunch of their kits. Couldn't get a single drinkable beer out of it.

That being said, I have stolen the Beer Machine and it is in my closet right now with a batch of Liberty Brown (my recipe) fermenting in it. I have no need to use the thing, but I was relatively certain if you put quality ingredients in it, it will make decent beer.

If it comes out, I'll make him some custom half batch extract recipes, and sell them to him like kits. ;)

Ah, the Beer Machine. That's how I first started. I thought it would be too "hard" to make beer, so I got a Beer Machine. The beer was awful, not even drinkable. I still have a package of beer mix in my basement, along with all of the Beer Machine parts.

The good news is that I didn't give up, even though I almost did because the beer wasn't good and it was expensive besides!

Ah, the Beer Machine. That's how I first started. I thought it would be too "hard" to make beer, so I got a Beer Machine. The beer was awful, not even drinkable. I still have a package of beer mix in my basement, along with all of the Beer Machine parts.

The good news is that I didn't give up, even though I almost did because the beer wasn't good and it was expensive besides!

Yeah, I tried what the FIL made in it, it was gross. Completely unattenuated tasting and gross.

"Custom pressure gauge to indicate brew quality, carbonation level, and dispensing pressure"

Custom pressure gauges indicate brew quality? I need one of those for my brew setup. I have to wait until I can taste mine at the end of the whole process to determine brew quality :drunk:.

"you have the knowledge and power to alter the amount of carbonation in your beer during and after brewing"

Finally! I'm always worried about the amount of CO2 in my beer while I'm brewing. If the Beer Machine 2000 can give me the knowledge (does it hook up to my brain?) and power (divine intervention perhaps?) to change how carbonated my boiling wort is then my prayers have been answered!

Exactly how I started also. I had one of the earlier models, It made one drinkable batch, and one awful one. It sat in the closet for a long time after that.

I am just here to agree with everyone else, I would avoid this thing like the plague. For less than the price of that you can buy a decent starter kit for doing extract or partial mash brews from a LHBS or online. The beer will be worlds better.

I started with this 7 or so years ago. My problem with it was that when you clean it up you would need to use 1 co2 cartridge to make sure there was no leaks. I cut that step a few times and had leaks when the beer was done fermenting and when I pumped some gas into it.

Obviously some of the people here who complain about the
beer machine were beginners when they used it and didn't know
how to brew beer. It's just a pressurized container, it doesn't
make the beer. You just ferment in a primary, then use it
as the secondary, dry hop with it, its great for excellent fresh
beer, somewhat like English "real ale" but as carbonated as
you want. I never made a bad beer with it, or even close.

Ray

I still use it sometimes, I bottle half a batch and put the rest in the beer machine with a 1/4 cup of sugar & wait 10 days.I don't think I would ferment from the beginning, doesn't handle pressure well, and seal sucks.

I still use it sometimes, I bottle half a batch and put the rest in the beer machine with a 1/4 cup of sugar & wait 10 days.I don't think I would ferment from the beginning, doesn't handle pressure well, and seal sucks.

Agreed.

Seal%2BClubbing%2BDeux%2Bcopy.jpg

Back