Beer log

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firebat138

Reaction score
Does Beersmith keep track of your brewing... Like, I want to print out a sheet that says what we brewed this year... etc... my recipes are in there...

So, on the recipe, it has a date... lets say I change it to TODAYS date and then 3 weeks from now, brew it again... do I just change the date again?

If you went to the trouble of putting your recipes in the calendar (brew log), then you will be able to see in the calendar what beers were brewed on which days. I sometimes do this.

If you click on the my recipes folder in the left pane, then highlight the recipe you intend to brew > there is a button on the top toolbar called "Copy to Brew Log"

It will make a new copy of the recipe in the "Brew Log" folder, which you can then set your date, it will add it to the calendar etc. I think the idea is the "my recipe" folder has the master copy, and then you use the brew log copies as each of your actual brew sessions. That's how I use it anyways.

As for printing out the calendar or a list of what you brewed in a given time frame... I'm not sure.

If you click on the my recipes folder in the left pane, then highlight the recipe you intend to brew > there is a button on the top toolbar called "Copy to Brew Log"

It will make a new copy of the recipe in the "Brew Log" folder, which you can then set your date, it will add it to the calendar etc. I think the idea is the "my recipe" folder has the master copy, and then you use the brew log copies as each of your actual brew sessions. That's how I use it anyways.

As for printing out the calendar or a list of what you brewed in a given time frame... I'm not sure.

I don't see this option. Are you using an older version of Beersmith?

Darn, this just adds stuff to the calander, be nice if you could actually see a report of what you brewed and not a bunch of reminders of when to put stuff in the secondary.

Is there any way to add a recipe to Beersmith and not have it add to the calendar as if you had brewed it?

No unfortunately there isn't, which I have only recently discovered. The only way to get around that, as far as I can tell, is to just set the date to sometime in the past.

i know, that should be in the next release... BUT... I just look at the brew log and count how many recipes we did... I know its not a report, but at least its there

Back