Beer Labelizer - Label Generator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent label maker! I would love to be able to upload my own image. Is this an option that will be available?

Maybe this has been discussed, but what kind of paper do you, use and how does it stick to the bottle?

NRS

Fantastic web site. I'm a new brewer with my first ready to be bottled in two weeks. Your site makes the design of the final touch easy. Thanks again. Can someone recommend where to get the blank labels to print the "art work" on.

Several brewers told me just to use regular paper, cut it out and put milk on the back of the label with a brush. It works great ! ! No need to buy expensive label paper. . . . That was an awesome tip......

NRS

I've been printing them out on my color laser printer (here at home) on the regular paper and then using a glue stick... First time I covered the entire back of the label with glue... Since then I've just run a few lines across the back (5, both edges then split the difference with 3 lines)... Works great. Holds it well without using a lot of the glue stick. Plus, it's easy to handle. Not to mention I don't have milk in the house 99.995% of the time. What little I do have (for milk) is half and half for use in cooking (shrimp scampi sauce, or for beef stroganoff)...

Beer Labelizer is an awesome idea, however I'm missing the possibility to type foreign language/international characters like æ ( æ ), ø ( ø ) and å ( å ) or characters with German umlauts as well as international language accent marks commonly used in French language.

I don't think it's a limitation in Flash as I've seen other Flash applications that will allow these characters as input, but I've no idea what's required to get it to work in your app.

I agree with this and I am wondering if there are any plans to make it possible to use fonts that have foreign characters as those quoted?

I love this, but I really want to be able to upload my own background art and/or fonts. But once again great job making this awesome site.

Great link, man. I didn't read the whole thread, but along with the ALC%, and volume, it would be cool to be able to specify a "bottled on" date. Just and idea. As for labels, you've probably gotten a lot of feedback, but I print one sheet of labels with a laser jet, then make photocopies (the photocopies wont blead as badly) I cut them out and use a plain old elmers glue stick. As long as the bottles are clean and dry, it sticks great and when you're done it washes right off with warm water leaving no residue. I haven't tried it with plastic, but I always put one of my bottles on a shelf for posterity, and the labels haven't pealed off of any of the bottles that are several years old. I will say it's kind of a pain in the butt to cut out and glue each label (Avery labels are obviously much easier), but it's easy, works great, and I don't have to buy labels.

You don't have to use the text blocks for what they are labeled in the application. Just put whatever info you into whatever text block you want. The app becomes even more usable and customizable when you start doing that.

You can save the label as a file and then add your own logos using photoshop or free tools like GIMP and Paint.net.

Andy, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to create this tool! I've spent a ton of time in CorelDraw creating my own labels and they don't come out as polished as yours!
On a side note, it would be good to add a text block giving pouring instructions for homebrews like the one below.
Thanks again for your great work!
Terry
:mug:

Instructions.JPG

Any chance of getting some additional styles added?? I'm getting ready to brew a blonde ale and it would be sweet to have a sexy woman on the label... :D

Otherwise, I'll need to hunt down the artwork (royalty free, since I'm between jobs right now) and just mash it together myself... I have software, just need artwork for the labels...

I will say that when I print the ones that are just 4 per page, I need to do a reduction print to get them to fit on my bottles (Grolsch style 500ml)... They're probably fine for regular bottles, just not what I use...

You have got a great site and a great attitude about the whole business. Thanks a lot! I am looking forward to the ability to ad my own pictures or graphic.

Sorry I've been a bit off the home brew radar for a while. But I'm getting back into it as winter approaches here in New Zealand. And I feel the creative juices flowing... along with my home brew. I think its time for some more labels :)

I'll keep you posted on progress. I have an upload your own image label that I half designed months ago so I better finish that off first.

My dirty secret is I got side tracked by coffee! But that craze is settling down and I have a pretty nice espresso machine now.

Not sure if any of you fellas have tried this. But I have one of these brews in bottles now, should be able to have a first taste in about 2 weeks.

That's certainly the idea. I am going to be adding new label designs as I design them. So expect to see new labels every week or two. Let me know if there is a certain style of label you would like to see.

I would like to see the templates allow us to add our own images, and font styles. Also placement of lettering movement is important to manipulate... Maybe a smaller template for the bottle neck would go over really big as well..

Great job on the site everything looks great and works perfectly:mug:

I was reading through this forum thread when I saw that quite a few of you have been making seriously strong beers. I'm pretty stoked on my latest brew as well. I created this label for my latest brew as its one of the strongest I have made. I figure when you make a proper kick ass beer you need to give the person drinking the beer a proper warning! Hope you enjoy the new label design. I'm still working on my label where you can upload an image in the background. It's coming soon.

http://www.beerlabelizer.com

toxic.jpg

toxic2.jpg

I was reading through this forum thread when I saw that quite a few of you have been making seriously strong beers. I'm pretty stoked on my latest brew as well. I created this label for my latest brew as its one of the strongest I have made. I figure when you make a proper kick ass beer you need to give the person drinking the beer a proper warning! Hope you enjoy the new label design. I'm still working on my label where you can upload an image in the background. It's coming soon.

toxic.jpg

toxic2.jpg

Very, very cool! You rock! :rockin:

It was raining most of yesterday so I got onto coding up that image upload label idea. It was a little bit complex to code, so please let me know if you notice anything that doesn't work correctly. I think it's ended up working pretty darn well. And now that I have code for one image upload label I can start to design more.

I hope this is what you guys were all asking for... Enjoy.

upload0.jpg

upload1.jpg

upload2.jpg

upload3.jpg

Latest posts

Back