Beer.....it's good!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOOTER

Reaction score
After a few beers tonight I'm in a bit of a mood to reminisce about the good ole' days. As I was pondering the horrible beer I used to drink in my underage years I remembered the wise words spoken by a good friend of mine on our high school senior cruise over Lake Coeur d' alene. He stood on top of a table, lifted his shirt and exposed his extremely large belly, and exclaimed "beer...it's good!" Nowadays I drink quite a bit less and I wouldn't drink a Keystone light if you were holding a gun to my head, but these words are even more true today then they were then. Beer really is good, damn good!

Cheers! :mug:

Brew Dude said:
No sh*t? I'll have to try some someday.

It's quite delicious and refreshing. I've heard rumors that it can even get ugly people laid, but that hasn't worked for me yet. :cross:

HOOTER said:
It's quite delicious and refreshing. I've heard rumors that it can even get ugly people laid, but that hasn't worked for me yet. :cross:

Um...Yaello:

OK, so im a firm beleaver in Darwin.

The fact is that alcohol kills braincells, no doubt about it. But, as Darwin states, the fittest survive, so alcohol only kill the poor MF braincells. The fittest braincells survive and *drumroll* what prooves it all is that you get the greatest ideas when your drunk (I'm, drunk, and I get these great ideas...).

Case closed.

H

I had a homebrewed beer once and didn't really care for it. It was too dark and WAY bitter. The guy called it a colsh or something.

YooperBrew said:
I've heard that beer is good. But I think all of society's evils can be traced by to alcohol so I would never imbibe.

I believe it was Homer Simpson who stated that alcohol is the "cause of, and answer to, all of life's problems". Wise words from a wise man.

homebrewer_99 said:
Beerded Clam...ummm...:drunk:

An already great invention, further heightened by a little ale.

And to think there was a time when I honestly couldn't drink beer to save me life- every time I smelled it I'd get nautious. Sick. Whatever. Kyle

Conan said:
And to think there was a time when I honestly couldn't drink beer to save me life- every time I smelled it I'd get nautious.

Those must have been some bad times in your life. I'm glad to see you battled through your sickness and emerged as an appreciator of good brew.

cheers :mug:

CM51~Beer-Ugly-People-Posters.jpg

^^^See, what'd I tell ya'^^^

Beer is good on so many different levels. It's the nectar of the Gods.

HOOTER said:
Those must have been some bad times in your life. I'm glad to see you battled through your sickness and emerged as an appreciator of good brew.

cheers :mug:

As am I, as am I. That year.....she was a tough one. Luckily I've worked hard, brought myself back to beer and will be remaining for some time. Perhaps the next 60 years or so, unless my liver gives out first! (Due to Tylenol- not the beer :)
Kyle

IrregularPulse said:
I thought of trying it once, But then Billy Sunday told me God wold hate me.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
-Benjamin Franklin

I'm sure Benjamin Franklin was much smarter than this Billy Sunday you speak of, so drink up!

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
-Benjamin Franklin

I'm sure Benjamin Franklin was much smarter than this Billy Sunday you speak of, so drink up!

Can I get an AMEN!

Back