Good morning!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradolia

Reaction score
Before you say that it's the incorrect time of the day, I have to say that it's 7 am somewhere. and if people from the Midwest US can use "5 o'clock somewhere" as an excuse to drink beer at 7am, then I can use 7 am as an excuse to drink coffee at 5 o'clock in the afternoon! :p

I'm here because I tried brewing mead a few years ago to see how easy it was, and fell in love. I currently have batches 6, 7, and 8 fermenting in the basement as I write this, and although the fermentation started a bit later than I would have liked, it's off to a good start. I started brewing mead after my dad found a simple to follow recipe online, and started sharing his stuff. I liked it so much that I decided to try my own tweaks and have been working on evolving it to a beverage that I want to keep. This is a fun and fascinating hobby, and I hope I can continue doing it for years. With any luck, I'll have my recipes posted to a forum chat somewhere in here, just as soon as I can figure out where it would be most appropriate. Thanks in advance for the warm welcome and well wishes, I'm looking forward to learning and sharing knowledge as much as I can! I'm attaching some pics and a vid for attention.

20220818_124509.jpg20220810_180822.jpg20220810_180827.jpg

Good morning and welcome to HBT. If you're taking movies of a mead sitting in a fermenter, you are beyond hope. Good luck with your obsession!:D
Taking a picture on bottling day, on the other hand, is NOT a sign of any problem.
OBS 2:22.png

Was just trying to monitor for activity, since I'm using a new yeast, and then it started looking like the surface of a turbulent planet, so I decided to take a short vid :)

You landed at a great spot. Welcome to the party!

Lots of great advice from the folks here plus some interesting reading. It's my go to spot almost daily to see what people have to say about a lot of different subjects beside brewing beer.

Before moving to Wisconsin, Michigan was my home - the UP part, conveniently connected to Wisconsin.

Back