Beer Films

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard abount a new beer movie coming out about Michael Jackson. Possibly called
Beer Hunter(not postitive though).

Beer Nutz: The Quest for the Holy Ale

Empires of Industry: Brewed in America

The American Brew

Beer Wars

There have been a couple of episodes of Three Sheets that are a little heavier on the beer than others...

While this probably wouldn't be on TV to record, there is a documentary of NC beer called "Beer Y'all." I think there are a few clips/trailers online...

Looks like Beer Hunter is coming out this year.

I managed to track down the Discovery Channel shows from the 80s and they are great.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dirty Jobs episode with the hop harvest is a neat watch.

Michael Jackson Beer Hunter TV Show:
Volume 1: California Pilgrimage
Volume 1: Best of British
Volume 2: Bohemian Connection
Volume 2: The Fifth Element
Volume 3: Holland: Our Daily Beer
Volume 3: Burgundies of Belgium

The Frankenstein Brothers is in post production and due out later this year. It is the story of a couple of brothers who inheriet a family brewery. The brewery portions were filimed at the Left Hand Brewery in Longmont, Colorado. I was there the last sunday of taping but did not get in as an extra :) Here is the IMDB link to it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1510988/

If your are familiar with UK media (or have watched top gear at all), James May along with another english tv personality/ beer and wine critic created a series Oz and James drink to Britain. A great comedy/ beer related tv series about great UK beers as well as some liquors. They also do a series about french as well as american wines.

If your are familiar with UK media (or have watched top gear at all), James May along with another english tv personality/ beer and wine critic created a series Oz and James drink to Britain. A great comedy/ beer related tv series about great UK beers as well as some liquors. They also do a series about french as well as american wines.

This show is fantastic! I wish it was an hour long!

They actually went as far as visit a woman who was brewing for her community, out of a garage! James May and the Brewmistress talked Oz Clarke into cleaning out the fermentation vat - it was funny as hell. As part of this episode they also actually took the time to explain what a hot liquor tank is, a mash tun, and *gasp* used the word sparge! (something they didn't do in the DFH show).

There's a lot of heart, and a lot of humor in this show (and the humor doesn't seem overly scripted - just 2 colorful guys doing this goofy show about drinking their way across the UK).

You can catch it on the BBC America channel on many US cable networks. Definitely check it out (my non-beer-geek brother-in-law introduced me to the show, it's that entertaining)

Back