Beer Calculators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schweitzer22

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a calculator that I can add fruit, not fruit extracts. I was hoping I could add fruit to Beer Smith but that's just extracts. Thanks

My copy of Beer Smith has fruit additions in the "add grain" section. Browse around on the Beer Smith web pages for additional grain database. I (apparently) downloaded it from somewhere on there some time ago.

...Couldn't find where I got it from after a few minutes of tooling around there. In any case you can fake it by looking up the nutrition facts about the fruit in question. That will give you the info you need to figure what percentage by weight is sugar. Add it in to your recipe fermentables as sucrose.

...Couldn't find where I got it from after a few minutes of tooling around there. In any case you can fake it by looking up the nutrition facts about the fruit in question. That will give you the info you need to figure what percentage by weight is sugar. Add it in to your recipe fermentables as sucrose.

If you're inclined to do so, you could select all of the fruits you have in your ingredient list and export them as a bsmx file, and then post it as an attachment here. Then anyone who want to add those fruit to their ingredient list could.

Edit:
SCRATCH that. It looks like there are 29 fruits in a simple add-on within beersmith.
File > Add-ons > Add > Select 'Fruits' > Click OK

Back