Been gone for a year....ready to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILOVEBEER

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After the birth of my son, I am ready to dust off my AG rig and brew for his 1st year bday party....I know...I know some of you think "beer at a kids party?" HAHA hell yes! Anyway since I have been gone for a bit I am looking for a few nice SUMMER AG recipes (july bday) for the party.

Thanks for any recipes and/or suggestions and glad to be back

Joe

WELCOME BACK!!!!! Citra Wheat!! MMMmmmm Thats what I'm brewing for summer. 24 gallons is going in the fermenters Saturday!!
A little Cascade, A whole lot of Citra!
Good to see you back at it my man!
Cheers
Jay

Jaybird, I'm assuming thats one you've done before? When do you put in your cascade?

I just bottled a citra apa, and I've never had citra. Going off an under carbonated sample, it was good but seems like it would be good not overly hopped, but also with another complimentary hop. The addition of wheat sounds really good!

To the OP, if you dont do the Citra wheat, I recommend some kind of pale ale with Amarillo and Simcoe. Always a great combo.

old tx kbb,

I personally love all beer, but have only brewed ALES.....I am trying to convince myself to begin making starters but I am not sure why I cannot take that leap. For the most part my beers (as far as I remember) were very clear, attenuated nicely and tasted great but I know if I took the starter method and applied it, I'd have better beers.

Anyone have a link on easy starter (non stirplate) methods I can do on my cooktop?

Chapa,

I think I burned myself out on IPA's temporarily, as I brewed 60 gallons of the infamous Orange Cascade APA....and drank them! ahahaha. I will definitely consider any recipes you can throw my way.

Thanks
Joe

BTW Jaybird....your FB's I bought a while ago for my keggles are still as beautiful as the day I took them out of the box!

Ended up doing the Citra @ 60 and went with Sorachi Ace @ 15 and Flame out for that lemon kick!
Jaybird, I'm assuming thats one you've done before? When do you put in your cascade?

I just bottled a citra apa, and I've never had citra. Going off an under carbonated sample, it was good but seems like it would be good not overly hopped, but also with another complimentary hop. The addition of wheat sounds really good!

To the OP, if you dont do the Citra wheat, I recommend some kind of pale ale with Amarillo and Simcoe. Always a great combo.

old tx kbb,

I personally love all beer, but have only brewed ALES.....I am trying to convince myself to begin making starters but I am not sure why I cannot take that leap. For the most part my beers (as far as I remember) were very clear, attenuated nicely and tasted great but I know if I took the starter method and applied it, I'd have better beers.

Anyone have a link on easy starter (non stirplate) methods I can do on my cooktop?

Chapa,

I think I burned myself out on IPA's temporarily, as I brewed 60 gallons of the infamous Orange Cascade APA....and drank them! ahahaha. I will definitely consider any recipes you can throw my way.

Thanks
Joe

BTW Jaybird....your FB's I bought a while ago for my keggles are still as beautiful as the day I took them out of the box!
Thanks for the shout out on the False Bottoms. I love feedback!!

Now BREW BREW BREW!!!:ban:

Well since your son is pretty new to craft beer, I'd recommend BM's Cream of Three Crops or Centennial Blonde. Those are easy drinking beers that are sure to convert your son to good beer. Or you could brew something similar to what he likes now, perhaps a milk stout?

Theres a wicked strawberry blonde ale recipe kickin around here somewhere... I converted it to all grain and I brewed it a couple nights ago.

Recipe: Strawberry Blonde Ale
Style: Fruit Beer
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 18.93 L
Boil Size: 25.83 L
Estimated OG: 1.056 SG
Estimated Color: 4.1 SRM
Estimated IBU: 15.6 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.0 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
8.50 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 77.3 %
2.00 lb Wheat Malt, Pale (Weyermann) (2.0 SRM) Grain 18.2 %
0.50 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 4.5 %
0.30 oz Cascade [8.60%] (60 min) Hops 9.6 IBU
0.50 oz Saaz [4.00%] (20 min) Hops 4.5 IBU
0.50 oz Saaz [4.00%] (5 min) Hops 1.5 IBU
0.25 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 10.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs American Ale II (Wyeast Labs #1272) Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Light Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 11.00 lb
----------------------------
Name Description Step Temp Step Time
Mash In Add 13.01 L of water at 161.4 F 150.0 F 75 min

Last year I added 8lbs of strawberries to secondary that I mashed up really good with a potato masher. It still tasted like beer (IMO), and had a very delicious and strong strawberry flavour.

Latest posts

Back