Bed Frame Brew Rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schumed

Reaction score
So I decided to build a Brutus Style rig. I wanted to try to keep cost down.

First was to find someone to weld for me that works for brew. Got lucky with this one...The one time I picked up my daughter from Dance I meet another dad...start chatting what do you do, I'm a welder...on to step 2

Finding materials after looking at several options..I was able to find several bed frames for free, picked up some kegs through craigslist I simple wanted post was all that was needed.

So this afternoon we did some cutting and my new buddy welded this up

Now off to the habitat for humanity restore to see if I can find the piping for my gas hook

To be continued

image-460709.jpg

image-2175576313.jpg

image-83085275.jpg

image-4058313162.jpg

I am in the same stage you are. I have the bed frame rails and just waiting to weld them together myself. Just a couple of questions. First, it seems a little higher than I would build it. Is there a reason for you doing this? Did you go off any specs already out there? Did you ever consider having two tiers instead of just the one? Before I go into slot of questions I will just start there. Kinda funny. Was going to pick up the welding stick in a week and start doing it.

Yeah we might be cutting the legs down a bit to lower it..maybe 6 inches. It's not to bad. I consider it more of a prototype. Have enough frames to build 3 of these...lol

I will say the frames are extremely solid and light enough to easily move. I can easily pick this up by myself and put in the truck.

We don't officially write up any plans just looked at a lot of sketches and plans on here and through google and kind of just went for it like I do all my DIY projects :)

Nice Job!

I did the bedrails and broomsticks method a few years ago and have been very happy. I bolted mine versus weld to I could reconfigure when needed (only once so far).

BrewMachine1.jpg

JoeHPhil, I recently cut and bolted together a stand, but haven't been able to brew on it. Any problems with stability/strength? Mine seems solid, but having 300 lbs or so on it is a different story.

No problems for me. Your results might be different. I think the taller shelved area adds some stiffness. I have been using it for years with no real issue.

The lower height might have something to do with it, too

Back