Beach Ball Blonde Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sefrayser

Reaction score
I just purchased a Beach Ball Blonde and it says it is a good beer to flavor with fruit. My wife picked up some blackberry and cherry flavoring from the beer supply store. They said you add the flavoring when you bottle/keg. Im not sure how much to add though? The flavoring is a Brewers Best flavoring. They said to add the flavor according to taste.....that may be a little hard to do. Anyone have any advice for adding amounts?

What I did with my hard cider was, I measured 1L into a measuring cup and added measured amounts of flavoring until it tasted perfect. That way, I was able to scale up the flavoring to the full volume of the batch and add it to the bottling bucket.

Yeah, it could be a little bit of math depending on how much you need to add. But that's what Google is for. 5gal = 18.9L

So say you used 1tbsp of flavoring in your 1L sample. Your remaining volume will be 17.9L (in your bucket). Take 1tbsp times 17.9 to get 17.9tbsp (18tbsp to make it easy) of flavoring for your batch.

So if beer volume is (BV) and test flavoring volume is (FV) then:
BV x FV = Flavored Beer.

Consider your 1L tester to be waste bc it's likely to become contaminated from being in the open air for so long.

Back