Bay Area (SF) Beer Week Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to Rare Barrel/Jester King event. Brother in law is coming to town Feb 11th, so we'll hit up Sierra Nevada tap takeover at Beer Rev and whatever else sounds good in Oakland/Berkeley that day.

Going to Rare Barrel/Jester King event. Brother in law is coming to town Feb 11th, so we'll hit up Sierra Nevada tap takeover at Beer Rev and whatever else sounds good in Oakland/Berkeley that day.
Past 2 yrs I've done the Torpedo Room at 11, BR at 12:30, Trappist around mid afternoon (BA Fest) schedule and it's always a great time.

Hitting up local events at Old Devil Moon and Crafty Fox.

Fieldwork tap takeover at Crafty Fox and can release of one of their SFBW beers. That way I don't have to venture over to the Berkeley taproom.

Anyone else headed to the Jester King SPON tasting at Mikkeller on Thursday.

How are there still seats left with only 20 available? I know they are pricey, but this is a treat.

Yeah, I've only been in there once and the servers were pretty full of themselves.

Gonna bite the bullet for Jester King.

****, Monk's Kettle has a beer dinner for $135, let's ****ing party!

Unless it's like $20, and includes like $20 in pours, F that noise. My mama didn't raise no Dummy!

The Sump blending session sounded cool, but then...$55 bucks.....to blend some beer, at MikkellerSF. HAHAHAHAHA!

The Rueben is pretty good. If I wasn't plying to Stockholm the next day I might have been in.

Friend is doing some artwork for an event there (maybe that event) and I had never heard of the place. Looked it up and I really wanna visit next time I'm up in the city.

My favorite spot in SF.

The taplist is always on point, decent po boys, cocktails, kid friendly, lots of space, and in a part of town nobody goes to/cares about :)

Plus, one of the better Ramen spots is across the street. Coco Ramen.

My favorite spot in SF.

The taplist is always on point, decent po boys, cocktails, kid friendly, lots of space, and in a part of town nobody goes to/cares about :)

Plus, one of the better Ramen spots is across the street. Coco Ramen.

I forgot ODM is kid friendly until last week when I sitting at the bar and like a 3 year old walked in with her dad. Daddy's gotta do what daddy's gotta do.

Yeah, I'll be hitting up ODM for beer week as well.

I'm struggling with the 3 ticket options for Sour Sunday.

$30 = 5 tix

$65 = 10 tix, 1 tshirt, 1 piece of pizza

$100 = unlimited tix, .5 hour early entry, slices of pizza

Anyone have any input as to best options? I mean, is the only way to get some Cantillon/3F stuff gonna be to do the VIP tix?

I'm struggling with the 3 ticket options for Sour Sunday.

$30 = 5 tix

$65 = 10 tix, 1 tshirt, 1 piece of pizza

$100 = unlimited tix, .5 hour early entry, slices of pizza

Anyone have any input as to best options? I mean, is the only way to get some Cantillon/3F stuff gonna be to do the VIP tix?
If memory serves me correctly, they did timed pours of Cantillon beers at Triple Rock last year (e.g., 3:00 pm pours of Cantillon Gueuze or whatever), so you would just have to get in the long ass line that goes from the front door (essentially) all the way to the back. Assuming that remains the same, VIP wouldn't really have any impact on that.

Just did two regular admission for the other half and I. We typically share our pours and depending on how much there is we want to try, can buy individual tickets as the day goes on.

They put out a preliminary list, but I seem to remember a final list being published prior to the event previously:

Made the mistake of looking at Mikkeller Bar beer week events and found this gem from their can IPA release:

"If you have not had any of the new Mikkeller cans out of the San Diego Brewery you are in for a surprise. We rank them up there with the likes of Trillium and Treehouse. Hazy, Dank and Delicious IPAS. I promise you that they will be among your new favorites."

If the can of Ukler or whatever I had recently is any indication Trillium and Treehouse must have really fallen off recently.

Made the mistake of looking at Mikkeller Bar beer week events and found this gem from their can IPA release:

"If you have not had any of the new Mikkeller cans out of the San Diego Brewery you are in for a surprise. We rank them up there with the likes of Trillium and Treehouse. Hazy, Dank and Delicious IPAS. I promise you that they will be among your new favorites."

If the can of Ukler or whatever I had recently is any indication Trillium and Treehouse must have really fallen off recently.
I have heard okay reports of the San Diego stuff.

Ihave jack **** interest in drinking anything with Mikkeller on the label, but i have heard okay stuff.

I've had a few of the SD beers on tap at the Oakland location and they're fine, just not spectacular and I'm really just amused by the brazenness of comparing themselves to Trillium/Treehouse right off the bat. Uklar on draft was actually pretty tasty but the can was terrible. Way too bitter, giant chunks of yeast floating around everywhere. Not sure if it was a freshness issue but I can't say I have a lot of faith in whatever cans they release in the future. Though it is a Faction collab so I guess that's a good sign.

Going to fieldwork/RB tomorrow afternoon I think. RB was super crowded last year. Hoping it's going to be less nuts when we go this time.

I don't understand how both these sentences are true.

ba9d8653b148197f6b33999a290dcfcf.jpg

Kudos to RB for putting on such organized events: great beer selection (Grey Monday!), amazing BBQ, lots of space as well as actual sitting room for almost the entire duration. Hope the JK event is similarly chill.

Back