Bavarian Wheat with Orange & Coriander, any ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottmd06

Reaction score
I have about a 3 gallon batch of Bavarian Wheat with Orange and Coriander in tertiary to age and Im wondering if theres anything interesting I could do with it like additional hopping or some more orange to it, or any other ideas you guys might have.. Any nice spices or herbs that might be fun to try out in this brew? The orange and coriander was very faint (only about 10 min boil with 1/2oz of each). Maybe I could rack it onto some fresh sliced oranges? Any ideas!!!

I've got to ask, why age a hefe or rack it to a tertiary? They are usually best drank fresh and cloudy.

You certainly could add some fruit, or some citrusy dry hops, but I would probably just drink it as is.

Ok thanks. It was a weizen kit that was modified. Still plenty cloudy. Had to bottle a portion of the batch so I racked it off and put the remaining back into the tertiary.

Back