batches 3 & 4 fermenting - batches 1 & 2 bottled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braumeise

Reaction score
Happy new Year every one!

Update on my brewing success *lol

the first batch of which I though I had screwed up tremendously doesn't taste bad at all!
Just came out as a very "girly" - for those in need to watch their carb intake - beer with a 1.5% vol.alc. well...

as did the second batch btw. and the second one tastes like someone trying to give a bud light or a Coors a more sophisticated taste...
drinkable but well far far away from where I want it to be...

yet, the smile on my face was priceless when I bottled it! I made my first beer (and I do not have to pour it away!)

Did a 3rd attempt yesterday. had the grains double crushed and managed to get the mash temperature where I wanted it to be... lost all of my Vorlauf and some wort due to inexcusable stupidity on my side... ended with a post boil Gravity of 1.030

So I re did everything today - and exchanged the wheat malt for unmalted organic wheat. All went well for what I can say so far.

Got just under 5 gallon of fermentable wort with a gravity of 1.046 (as called for in my original recipe)

see where that goes.

I am sticking to the recipe until I get a very good beer out of it and will then start altering the ingredients.

Batch no. 4 looks promising, if that turns out very good, I'll change from Saaz to hallertauermittelfrüh... maybe I'll change yeast first, don't know yet...

anyway. Pretty proud of myself, looks like I am slowly getting there.

Thanks for reading
have a great 2016

Now that is strange... used same yeast which started fermenting like crazy last time within 14 hours and have no audible signs of anything going on this time?

Why?

Latest posts

Back